scaredy cat

It all happened the day before Halloween. Katie and Travis were living together and The two were going to their town's local Halloween fair. There was everything, a rollercoaster, apple bobbing, carnival games. But worst of all, there was a haunted house train ride.
"Come on Kates, it will be fun!" Travis complained trying to drag his girlfriend onto the ride. In protest, Katie had sat down on the ground. Her legs were crossed and her arms were folded. She was having a tantrum. Travis had his arms wrapped around her waist trying to drag her over onto the ride only to the discover that she had made herself a seatbelt out of the nearby weeds. The mortal were laughing at him. To them it just looked like Travis was ridiculously weak and couldn't move the girl having a strop. He gave up, sat down next to her and started to bargain.
"What if I give you a thousand kisses?"
"No."
"What if I make dinner every night?"
"No."
"What if I don't give you any kisses for a month?"
"You wouldn't be able to." She was right.
"What if I clean the bathroom ever week instead of every other week?"
"Nope"
"What if I don't prank your cabin for a whole month?"
"We're not even at camp anymore."
"How about if you don't go on it, whenever we're in public, or with your parents I make you blush." He started kissing her neck despite her being completely unfazed but stopped when she said.
"I couldn't care less."
Dammit. She was good. Travis stood up and walked off. She turned around.
"Scaredy cat" he said as he sat in the train's carriage behind Connor and Miranda. Katie stuck out her tongue before turning back around and return to her tantrum.
She's not a scaredy cat. She's fought in two wars! She most definitely shouldn't be afraid of some dumb ride. She got up and ran over to the ride, got in next to Travis. No turning back now. She seemed fine throughout the ride. This wasn't that bad. The ride ended and Travis and Connor talked about how awese it was whilst Miranda hugged Connor's arm. They parted ways at the car and Katie and Travis got in.
"See Kates is wasn't so b-"
"It wasn't actually. I was overreacting that was fun." Travis laughed she didn't act scared but she sure did seem it. Being her boyfriend meant that he knew when she was hiding something. She was cute when she was cute when she tried to trick the son of Hermes, thinking he wouldn't see right through her.
"Then you'd have no problem watching Chucky when we get home."
"That sounds awesome." She lied
When they eventually got home, started and finished the movie, Latie and Travis were holding on to eachother for dear life.
"Let's put on something better than stupid excuse for a horror film." Katie suggested.
"Yeah, like Peppa Pig."
"Yeah."
So horror films weren't Katie's forté. Travis loved them. Why he would act scared? Because his little Katie Kat was too stuborn to ever admit that she was scared unless he was too, he didn't want Katie bottling that up. It would make her nightmares worse. Despite watching an episode of Peppa Pig  in which Peppa had hung up on Susie sheep for knowing how to whistle (which Katie found hilarious and Travis found it adorable that she found it hilarious) Katie couldn't sleep amd refused to sleep until Travis brought a kitchen knife into their room. He hugged her until she fell asleep and stroked her hair. He kissed her forehead, let her bury her head into his bare chest and would wipe away her tears.
They woke up, Travis had a protective arm around Katie as she grogily made him confess to his acting.
"Yeah, whatever, fine, I wasn't scared last night."
"Thank you" she mumbled, barely audible and kissed his nose.
Travis fell back to sleep and was late for work but Katie had to leave an hour before his to open up the flower shop and only discovered her lazy prankster when she came home for lunch.
Do you guys like the new cover??
-randoms