all the things I hate about her- pt 2

LJtheAmaZhang 's idea combined with mine.

Of all the thing Katie had died of it had to be that. Travis, Miranda and Connor were all invited to the funeral held by her family. Travis didn't know why on her death bed Katie had requested for him of all people to be there. He understandstood why Miranda and connor were there, since they were dating and Miranda was practically blood with Katie's family, but Travis? Katie's grandmother had walked up to Travis when he first arrived as the third wheel, the short woman had pulled him to the side. The words she said still rang through Travis' ears.

"You know, when she was dying, I was the last person to speak to her, being the favourite grandma and all." She laughed and winked at Travis knowing full well that she was Katie's only grandma. "But the last thing she said to me was 'make sure Travis comes to my funeral if I die tonight' it was the night she passed, rest her soul, but she also wanted to tell you that-"  she stopped and then started talking about how nice he looked abd asked where we were, Katie metioned her nan had mild dementia but it seemed to be getting worse. Travis felt stupid, Katie's last wish was for no one to dress in black at her wedding as she told them all that there's no point being sad when she's still with them but in elysium. They were halfway through the funeral when Katie's aunt started her speech.

"Um hi I'm freya, Katie's aunt. With a difference of only two years between us, Katie and I were more like sisters. When she discovered she had leukaemia I was the second person she called, the first doesn't know that they were the first person she told but I just wanted to let you guys know about the conversation we had...it went like this.
Katie: so I just found out that I have leukaemia when I went to the infermary for the monthly check up, Will found something and I immediately driven to the hospital with no explanation at camp so I rung him and he was shocked but he sounded genuinely concerned. Like I found out I have a life threatening thing and then he gives me hints that he likes me. Honestly *blank* could've chosen a better time. Ive flirted with him for six years, got ridiculously close to his face on multiple occasions, randomly hugged him. I don't think I could be more obvious, I'd given up on the idea that he liked me. But now. Now that stupid boy asks me loads of questions, what hospital are you in? What room? When are the visiting hours? Should I send flowers or chocolates? Is the cafeteria food bad? Do you want me to sneak you a cup and plate from camp? Are you able to Iris Message me? Will you remember that even if you lose your hair I'll still think you're gorgeous? Do you know that You're the strongest person I know? Do you know that I will be here for you whenever you need me? How did your family react? Does Demeter know? Why can't the gods stop this? Do they want you to die? Why are the fates cruel? Will I be able to be in close radius or is it contagious? He was obviously trying to make laugh with the lasy one after the hour of questioning me but come on. Now he hints about his crush!"
I replied to all of this with
"Wait you have Leukaemia?"
Only to get a
"Yes, keep up Freya. What do I tell *blank*""
Travis had heard enough, he tapped Katie's father on the shoulder and told him that he needed to go to the lavatory (he didn't know how posh these people were!) Her father nodded and he left to go to her grave. Since this was only the dedication part of the ceremony to Katie and her ashes had already been scattered in the flower bed he could go and talk to her in private. Travis was supposed to be after Freya with his speech but after hers, his couldn't compare and seemed innapropriate. Especially since Katie wanted everyone to be happy after her death. How could she expect that when he'd just lost his best friend? How did he never realise she was so into him. He sat on his knees infront of her flower bed. Unfolding a piece of paper from his back pocket, his speech, he began to read.
"Thing I didn't like about you Katie Kat...
He whispered, it afraid that it being normal volume would cause to him to break down.
"You didn't like my pranks,"
It made sense to him why but he still felt nostalgic when he thought about how she would come out of her cabin, rose red face, stomping like a child, her finger intruding his personal space an inch from his nose, something off about her or her cabin's appearance, how her eyes would hold fury and use it to brigten the colours of them.