Chapter 2

Yehi hota pyaar hai kya...mere dill- e- bekraar

Zoya just couldn't sit still on the way home. She had garam jalebis and khush khabri to share. The trip to immigration office was a hit. She felt kind of bad cheating the system but then again, she was haalat ke haathon majboor.

More like pyaar ke haathon. Shut it Zoya!

Mr. Jahapanah had decided to stick throughout the appointment and his presence had calmed her, making her more confident in her lies to the visa officer. He had patiently sat through the whole two-hour ordeal answering in monosyllables and nodding when necessary.

She stole a look at him now as he swerved onto the house's driveway, his face expressionless.

Why is it so hard to read you? What are you thinking?

Asad Ahmed Khan was an ecstatic man today. She didn't know it, but the plan was to stay through the processing from the start. He had pushed one of his meetings and also had the perfect answer ready.

His flash drive was still at home which he had 'forgotten' and since they were heading the same way, he might as well stick through the developments. But of course, only because he was the said employer. Otherwise he was a very busy man.

Apart from that, he had also given himself a personalised justification to his actions last night. He was only going with her because she was a walking disaster and they certainly couldn't afford any mishaps here.

Asad sighed. He never realized his brain was capable of coming up with so many excuses. But he knew better.

He didn't care about getting caught. The only thing he cared about was her leaving him. And now seeing Zoya all excited and cheery, he knew he had made the right choice. He remembered when she had jumped in and offered to pay for the jalebis.

"Please Mr. Khan... I want to" she had beseeched him with her hypnotic brown eyes. And he had let her.

He knew she was feeling grateful and it didn't happen every day that Zoya Faaroqui, not once, rolled eyes at him.

She was being as sweet as the jalebis!

xx

"We're back", Zoya announced as she stepped into the living room.

"Itni subah kahan chale gaye the beta? Kuch bataya bhi nahi" Dilshad enquired.

"Well, Isi baat par ek shayar arz kiya hai phuphi"

Asad clutched his forehead

"Humare chale jaane se aap na hona confuse,

Humare chale jaane se aap na hona confuse

Good news deni chahiye,

Only after confirming the good news.

Shukriya shukriya"

"Good news?" Tanveer probed, her ears prickling

"Voh remember how I said my visa was expiring soon" The three ladies listening nodded.

"Well Mr. khan here" she threw Asad a tender look. His pulse leaped. "offered to sponsor it as work visa"

Najma let out a happy shriek and ran towards Zoya throwing her arms around her while Dilshad stared at her son in surprise. Wow, Asad?

"But Zoya what if they plan to investigate" Najma asked echoing Tanveer's thoughts.

"It won't be a problem tamatar. I am not supposed to work till I get the visa anyway and Mr. Khan has already added me in his employee database. Aur baat rahi baad main check krni ki, toh we'll handle that then"

"Bilkul, and even if Zoya has to be at the office a couple days then what's the big deal." Dilshad added staring at Asad to see if he'll oppose. He didn't.

"Vaise bhi we are leaving for vacation soon after" Zoya chimed in.

While Najma enveloped Zoya in a hug again, Tanveer fought hard to smash the plate in her hands.

This. Ends. Today.

xx