Chapter 3

Mar jaiyan... tere bin mar jaiyan 

Ah! This one was perfect.

It had taken her the whole afternoon to find a perfect sized wire. The plan was simple. She was going to electrocute Ms. New York to death. She was afraid of Asad taking her to his office to work together. He hadn't opposed once.

What was wrong with him? What did he see in her? She was only a clumsy loud brat?

Was, that's right! Was. Tanveer smirked.

The first part of her plan had worked perfectly. Zoya was drenched in juice head to toe. She had really wanted to use some coffee. Hot coffee. But she didn't have time to listen to khala's bechari zoya rant and Asad's jumpy protective behavior. She'll save rest of her patience for their ugly howling afterwards.

Zoya entered her bathroom feeling all sticky, gross and annoyed.

Allah Miyan! What was wrong with Mr. Khan. God forbid if she had spilled juice over his precious best friend. Toofan khada kar dete.

But nooo, not when the roles were reversed. He had reacted as if nothing unusual happened. Incredibly foolish!

She turned on the faucet to her tub and started to rinse the juice out of her hair at the basin meanwhile.

Suddenly, the lights flickered, once...then twice, and before she could fathom anything, she was hauled to the other end of the bathroom wall. Roughly. Mr. Khan?

As she turned around to yell at him for his lack of decency, she found herself in his arms.

What in the world?!

"Mr. Khan?" Nothing. He was squeezing her a little now. She tried again. "Mr. Khan?" she said a little bit louder this time. Well, as loud as she could with her limited oxygen supply.

He moved back but didn't completely let go. His arms were like steel bands around her. She saw him check her out head to toe, arm to arm before his teary gaze finally settled on her face. Her plans to yell at him instantly turned to concern.

"Kya hua?" her whisper echoing in the bathroom.

"Are you okay?" She looked at him confused.

"Huh" was all she could manage. She suddenly saw his concerned face contort to anger.

"Do you ever pay attention to anything around you? Do you realize what could've happened?" He hadn't realized that he had started shaking her. Her anger flooded back as well. What kind of deranged man is he?

"Allah Miyan! You are standing in my bathroom, which by the way you just thundered in without knocking, and you are asking me if I pay attention. What is wrong with you?"

Asad just glared at her, walked back to the edge of her bathtub, pointed at the wire that lay on the bathroom floor he had hauled out of water.

He saw her expression gradually change from shock to horror to gratifying. He let out the breath he was holding and turned to walk away but stopped as he felt her hand on his.

"Thank you" she whispered.

He didn't look back at her but just nodded. He needed to get to his room. His heart was beating wildly as his brain tried to forget of the consequences that would've followed if he hadn't seen that wire.

In his hurry to get to his room, he didn't even notice another person standing in the room.

Dilshad smirked. Could it be really? Her Ammi antennas had kind of told her already but...they just fought so much! But she also knew her instincts were never wrong. Not when it came to her son.

xx

"Kise ke saath galat karke, tum apni baari ka intzaar zarur karna", a tormented Shammi Kapoor spat out in the TV.

"Vaise movie kaise bhi ho, baat toh pate ki hai, kyun Tanveer?" Dilshad said as Tanveer nervously nodded.

Had she seen her plant the wire? And why does her left eye keep twitching?!

The doorbell rang then, and she slowly moved towards it in thought. She wanted to just scream at this point. Her whole day had gone down the drain. First Zoya's visa, then the failed wire, Imran's phone call and now this.

She was surprised that Imran himself had reached out to her today; no persuasion required. Well, it made sense now because he had offered her a lump sum of money to leave him alone forever.

Forever, huh! She wasn't going anywhere till she was legally married to Asad Ahmed Khan. She had warned him today that she knew him, and it wouldn't take her a minute to pit Asad against him.

But she wouldn't deny the money. Of course, she would still keep blackmailing him. She silently scoffed. Such a loser.

Her ridicule at him turned to horror as she saw the very same person behind the door with his and whole Siddiqui family.

What?!

xx