Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Aaj se mera...ghar tera ho gaya

The sunrise slowly lit up the room of newlyweds. Asad looked at his bride's sleeping form, her chest heaving with uniform breaths, her face peaceful...a beautiful mess of hair tangled on the pillow...she smelled like a rainy breeze on a sun-kissed evening...so mesmerising.

She had held him captive all night with her antics. Even in her sleep she was a treat to watch!

He smiled now as he saw her sprawled across most of the bed in what he can only explain as a starfish really. He looked at the jeans sticking out where her lehenga had rode up and shook his head.

His dulhan was surely special.

But he didn't care. The only thing that mattered was that she was here...she was close. Who cared if she kept attacking him with her karate moves all night. It all seemed surreal...the intimacy...her thick lashes...high cheekbones...and those lips.

Asad tried slipping out of bed, and his fantasy world. His Ammi had told him they were all going to the dargah today, so they were supposed to be ready by 11.

He blushed thinking why there had been a little bit of a late morning-time set, but then sobered up as he looked at his sleeping beauty.

Maybe his Ammi knew of her bahu's 'sleeping like a log' tendencies.

He couldn't blame her though; it had been a very tiring day. They were both constantly pushed around for pictures, stuffed with barfi and stamped several nazar ka tikka's.

He looked at Zoya's suitcase at the edge of his closet as he headed to the bathroom and felt his lips curl again. It was all worth it!

He was ready to do this a thousand times if it meant her by his side.

xx

Zoya woke up rubbing her eyes, slightly disoriented trying to notice her surroundings.

Asad?

She looked at his half of the bed made pristinely and found herself getting distracted with the sound of shower being turned off.

Uh oh!

She instantly shot out of bed – dramatically, frantically trying to find a mirror.

Don't wanna look like the lead heroine of ghost stories on my first wedding day. Allah miyan! Where in the world is it? What was wrong with men? Can't keep a mirror in sight.

She resorted to use her phone as one and chugged down the glass of milk to get rid of her morning breath.

Yuck! Yuck! Should have invested in that mouth freshener. I knew it!

She heard the knob turning and practically flew to her side, trying to run in her heavy lehenga – like all that action hadn't just happened.

Asad opened the door to find his wife sitting gracefully on the bed fiddling with her hair. She looked up at him just in time and he tried to smile back brightly.

Zoya saw Asad smiling at her meekly and chose to ignore it, heading for the bathroom instead

What was that? Did she not see him making an effort? Infact, he had been all past week!

Seconds rapidly changed to minutes as they both got ready for the day ahead. Asad looked at his watch again and waited for Zoya to make an appearance.

What was this girl doing?

He was about to knock on the door when she opened it up in his face, gave him a strange look, and awkwardly moved away.