Chapter 4

Seene se tere sar ko lagake...sunti main rahu naam apna

Zoya shivered as she tried to secure the latch on the window. She could hear the wind howling and the storm raging, leaving all those white curtains of her room afloat.

But nothing compared to the jolt brought by the hidden thunderstorm unleashed upon Khan Villa. She shivered again. Just not because of the wind this time.

The night had been adventurous to say the least. The whole Khan khandaan was scandalized...well much like traumatized.

Zoya had been the first one to recover. Somehow, she was always apprehensive of Tanveer, sceptical about her perfectly polite behavior –whether it was the way she was never angry or the way she climbed onto Asad's arm on any given opportunity.

She kicked the stool near her violently in frustration. That double- faced, lying, cheating scumbag. Allah Miyan! Good riddance.

Apparently, Mr. Khan's sister's fiancé was the father of tanveer's child. She was frickin pregnant!! Who would have thought?

And to top it off, she had planned to pass the child off as Mr. Khan's. Her Mr. Khan...Her... Her Jahapanah's...

Zoya opened the window again letting the stormy rain pour in, soaking her face and the tiles, in hopes to tranquil her turbulent mind. She then tried taking some deep breaths as her thoughts drifted back to a couple hours ago.

Imran and his family, along with the Siddiqui's had thundered in ready to take Tanveer to the police station. Although stunned, everyone had tried to protect her– even Zoya.

Gah!

But the loyalties on all lips were short lived, strangled by the sight of pregnancy reports and video proofs.

Imran had run a personally produced sting operation on her.

The moving image of her gloating about how everyone in khan family was wrapped around her finger, left everyone gagging. She had then proceeded to warn Imran not to mess with the future Mrs. khan. Zoya felt sick to her stomach thinking about her offer to him to still have a relationship between the sheets even after they were both married.

Disgust. Pure filth, that's what that woman was.

Her heart plummeted thinking about the man just few steps away from her. They had all heard a crash as soon as his door had closed. The vase again, most probably...

Sure, he looked furious but Zoya knew. He was hurt. Asad Ahmed Khan valued relations, valued trust ­– for betrayals were a mere reminder of his past. Poor guy.

And Phuphi... Ya allah! What did she get in turn for treating her like a daughter...and then there was her innocent little tamatar, she was just a kid for crying out loud.

How could she?! That devious witch.

The wedding was off. The Siddiqui's were furious, blackmail or no blackmail. But even still Zoya couldn't fathom the reaction of some women who belonged to that house. It's sad how we become each other's own worst enemies.

They were still pushing poor Nikhat to stay in the relationship. She looked so...heartbroken.

Rishta toota toh log kya kahenge?

The conversation had made her blood boil. How the very identity of a girl, her consent, the pain of her betrayal was being shunned all in the name of marriage made her head swirl with unconsumed rage.