Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Baawli si preet mori...ab chaen kaise paaye

"Not tonight, you aren't"

Asad couldn't believe he had said that out loud and Zoya eyes rebelled to look into his.

She stepped over the fallen towel in a daze not exactly sure where she was heading, staring ahead, seeing nothing.

Her heart thudded audibly against her ribs and her breath got lost somewhere.

A hand on her wrist stopped her.

Did her skin suddenly burst into flames? She looked down to check.

He waited for her. To turn around. To let her set the pace.

When she didn't, he stepped closer wrapping his arms around her, holding her against him.

The raindrops were a quiet roar of pleasure against the window. The sound of them was all that drummed in his head.

She felt his gaze on her as he circled her.

How did people do this? she idly wondered. To swallow the fears and insecurities, offer oneself so openly that they knew every secret, every spot, each vulnerability.

If it weren't for the love that consumed her body, if it weren't for Asad and his gentle waiting touch on hers– she'd never be able to do this. If her heart didn't believe that he loved her as much as she loved him, she'd never be able to lift her eyes.

She stared back at him as her hand grazed the side of his face, his skin quivering under the assault of her long, smooth fingers.

She didn't resist when he lifted her. Although his fingers dug into her thigh, he placed her incredibly softly on the bed. Deep, dark and appealing, his gaze arrested hers.

He let his hands trace the contours of her face – studying her, remembering her.

"Kiss me again" he heard her murmur and felt a rush of pure pleasure heave through him.

Lowering his head, he kissed her slow. It was a kiss of promise, of his love, of the happy days that were yet to come.

When did it change to fierceness, he didn't know. When did she lose control, she didn't know.

He sighed when she touched him, so she touched more.

His arms were strong around her, but his lips soft on her skin. He savoured slowly, carefully – until it wasn't enough for both of them.

They wordlessly started to undress each other, their wet clothes falling on the ground.

Mouth to mouth, skin to skin. He thought maybe it had meant to rain tonight, the thunder to bellow untamed, so their sighs could drown in its sound.

Passion coursed freely now. Procrastination departed.

She touched him openly, confidently, learned the muscle and form. He explored the curves and edges creating a mental map.

His skin was cool from the rain, his fingers wintry on her skin. But somehow, she burned everywhere he touched. Flesh heated and cooled, then heated again. Pain, pleasure and greed she had never known surged through her being.

He took his time even when she arched against him. With trembling breaths and quick moans, they took each other further.

Asad felt reality slipping away the moment he heard her breath his name... over and over.