Chapter 9 - Rejection

Jaclyn Rae

I opened my eyes slowly because I felt the heat is slowly killing me. I sat up immediately and I turned my head to see Noah just got back from a run. He grey t-shirt got sweat all over it and he didn't even greet me at all. It was clear that he didn't like the fact that I'm here but I don't have any other choice.

"You should go back home, Jaclyn." He said as he walked to the kitchen. I got up slowly from the sofa and walked to the kitchen as I felt my bandage tightens. I looked down and saw it's a new set of bandage.

I turned to Noah smiling secretly when he's busy taking out fruits from the fridge. I sat on the chair that's facing the kitchen which gave me a full view of him trying to make breakfast.

"Why are you so against this?" I asked and he glanced at me before taking out his cutting board. "Againts what?" Asking me as washed the apples and blueberries.

"Being in a relationship with me. It's pretty rare for me to ask someone out, Noah." This is my first time to be honest and I really hate myself for it. "You're only taking advantage of me so I won't agree."

"You can ask anything from me, I can give it to you as long as it make sense.. maybe like cars.. helicopters.. jets.. a house maybe.. or you want me to introduce you to.. someone cute after we're done.. you can ask anything." I said and he turned off the sink. He put the fruits down on the cutting board and he looked straight into my eyes.

"I just want you to get lost. Stop bothering me at work because I don't have time to baby sit a kid like you." I looked at him disbelief. He's calling me a child again and again, we're a year apart! "All you need to do is agree with me. When will you get a hot, sexy, beautiful, rich and popular girlfriend? I can be that girlfriend and make all your dreams come true." I said winking at him and he rolled his eyes on me. Did he just do that?

What's wrong with this man? Why is it so hard to tame him?

"When I'm looking for a girlfriend, I want someone who is genuine because I want to make them my wife not someone like you who only cares about reputation. Yes, you are beautiful and the list goes on but I don't want to be with someone who will only use me for property purposes and then throw me away like I'm a fucking trash once they're done!" He said in an angry and cold tone. He made me speechless completely and I felt something weird on the pit of my stomach.

"I'm not going to help you, Jaclyn. You begging me to be your boyfriend means you won't race forever. I don't want to have a relationship with someone who's risking their lives for a dangerous racing spree." He added.

"It's a fake relationship, Noah. Why are you so dramatic?" I bluntly said because I was trying to ignore the fact I felt something weird within me.

"Fake or not, I'm not doing it with you. You're selfish and I don't like that. You're risking your life to do something like street racing and I don't like that. Trust me, Jaclyn, I would be more protective and possessive and strictly watching over you if you make me your boyfriend. I'm not going to waste my time for a woman like you so please so screwing around trying to convince me because it won't work." He let out a deep sigh after his speech and he started to cut the fruits into small pieces.

"Why so serious about life, Noah?" I don't know why that I don't like that fact that he's rejecting me with all of the reasons that he has. I always win a fight, I always win an argument and I always get what I want but when I'm facing Noah, it seems like I can't win any of those. He surely have ways winning all of this.

"I think I told you about my sister, Jaclyn. She died because of a heart complication and I didn't take accept the fact that she died for years. I'm not going to be in a relationship and be someone that will make me worry every second." He bursted angrily on the last part and that just hit me differently. After having this conversation, I understand why my dad wanted me to be with this man.

He's genuinely nice and caring. He's not some type of dude who will just use me and brag about it to his friends. He cares and it's rare to see someone like him. I've been with tons of guys before and they will always end up bragging about me to people. They only wanted me for show that's I'm not interested in love because no ones ever love me genuinely.

"I lost my mom to cancer too. It's not only you who lost someone. That hit me pretty hard to especially she's the only person who understands me the most. That's why I stated racing. It made me forget the sadness even though it's only for a moment and that's why I want to keep racing." I said honestly as I looked at the table blankly.

"Were you suicidal?"

"No, I wasn't but I need a distraction. It was the only way to keep me distracted and besides this is not my first time getting into an accident." I said and I looked up to him. He shook his head and started to cut the fruits.

This is my first time finding someone that's more stronger than me in every aspect. I thought I'm one of the strongest people but here I am facing Noah, the only person who can win an argument with me, who can resist me and he even cares about me especially about my life.

Instead of deciding to back off and let him live in peace, I want to know more about him. He seems to have a lot of layers to his life. I found myself smiling. "Noah." I called as I walked towards him.

"I want you to get out from this house as soon as possible. I don't want t-" I cut him by standing next to him as I slipped my arms around his hips.

"Get off me." He warned as he kept cutting the fruits.

"Will you please.. be my boyfriend?" I asked whispering to his ear and he put down his knife that second turning to me. "No."