Chapter 27 - Stubborn

Jaclyn Rae

It's been two weeks after the breakup and still Noah doesn't want to talk to me. I deserved to get this punishment but I really need him in my life. I can't lose him.

I sprained my ankle this afternoon after a meeting and Amy immediately brought me to the emergency room because it hurt so bad. I was wearing heels and I didn't even bother to check where I was going until I stepped on the wrong step and fell down the stairs.

I barely felt anything when it happened. Maybe my heart was more aching and hurting that it made me couldn't feel a thing. I couldn't careless about my ankle of maybe some bruises that will appear tomorrow because of the fall.

I was brought to the emergency room but mostly Amy was the one who answered the doctor's question. I was a wreck and I can't concentrate on my work either. I need Noah again and I know I won't find a man like him out there.

"Ms. Rae." Amy called me and I turned to her. She held my arm and rolled my sleeves on showing the doctor my wounds from the fall. As I helped Amy to roll up my own sleeves, my eyes found Noah walking into the emergency room.

"Cover me up!" I said. Amy looked confuse and so was the doctor and the nurses who's currently treating me. I held Amy's body in front of me so Noah won't see me because he will ended up scolding me for being careless and not caring about my life again.

"Can you.. close the curtain?" I asked Amy and she closed the curtain pretty quick. I felt relieve that Noah didn't see me. My wounds from the car crash almost got heal but I'm still wearing bandages to make it heal faster and now I will be having another set of bandages.

"What happened?" I froze when I heard Noah's voice. I cursed under my breath.

"I just tripped." I answered.

"I'm not asking you." He looked at me coldly and he turned to the doctor who was in charge. "She sprained her right ankle and she fell down from the stairs." I face palmed myself. I didn't even dare to look at Noah because he will end up scolding me.

"Check if she has a concussion or not." Noah said.

"I don't!" I said as I turned to him.

"Did she hit her head?" Noah asked Amy. "I'm not sure about that but she.. fell down the stairs pretty quickly."

"Eric.. you come with me! Noah, you take over!" We both turned to see Noah's dad handling an emergency situation all of the sudden. Eric turned to Noah and Noah gave him a nod.

"How can you be so-"

"Before you can give me a long lecture about how careless I am. You should know that I'm suffering from a serious heartbreak caused by you and it made me not concentrate in everything so I took a wrong step when I was going down the stairs causing me to fall down. So.. I'm not careless, it's just I can't handle the heartbreak." I gave him a lot speech.

"So you're blaming it on me?" Noah pointed at himself and the two nurses beside me chuckling secretly.

"Partly.. yes." I said as I avoided his eye contact. He checked my ankle and I groaned in pain. He asked the nurse to give him different types of bandage this time. Noah sighed when he saw my elbow got scratch and even my knees got scratch.

"Are you still mad at me?" I asked.

"Shut it, Jaclyn." He hissed as he moved my ankle slowly. I bit my lips trying to not be obvious that it's painful. "Don't wear heels for the time being. Will you listen to that? Or you're just going to be stubborn?"

"I will.. I will listen. I swear!" I said and he glared at me. He began treating my ankle and the scratch on my knee and my elbow.

"Jaclyn, are you okay?" I turned to Harrison who checked on me. I turned to him nodding.

"Just.. fell from the stairs." I said and Noah glared at me hard.

"I mean.. I fell from the stairs. I'm fine." I corrected myself. Harrison patted Noah's shoulder. "Don't be too mean to the patient."

"True." I agreed in a small tone.

"Get well soon, Jac. Please don't fall down the stairs again." Harrison said and I smiled at him nodding. He left us and I asked Amy to wait for me outside. The nurses were called to help on another emergency situation.

"I'm sorry." I turned to Noah and he kept putting on a tight bandage on my ankle. He wrapped it up tightly and then he slowly put it down. He checked my vitality as he put it on my chart.

"Noah, please forgive me." I said and he turned to me. His eyes were burning in anger and I was ready for him to get mad at me. He put down his chart. "Your left leg and arm haven't heal yet and now you fell down from the stairs hurting your right ankle and scratch your right knee and right elbow. You really want to collect bandages all over your body?!" He bursted angrily and I was shocked that he was bursting at me in a really loud voice that I 100% guaranteed that the whole emergency room could hear it.

"I.." I was speechless.

"When will you stop making me worried? Huh? I swear I will die young because of you!" He hissed coldly.

"I'm sorry." That's all I could say. I don't have any alibi left to cover this up. I thought he won't catch me laying on the emergency room.

"You're going to listen to me or not this time?" He asked as he pointed at my ankle.

"I will.. I will." I said pouting because he's so mean to me right now. He took my chart but I grabbed his arm quickly.

"I'm sorry, Noah. Please forgive me." I said and he turned to me.

"Let's see if you listen to me or not for this." He said and he let my hand go.