Chapter 29 - Back

Jaclyn Rae

"Will you stop looking at the door like that? You're acting like a squirrel." Jayson commented and I turned to him completely annoyed. I saw Mia and immediately walked to her because she's absolutely stunning tonight.

"Mia!" I called her and she turned to me. She excused herself from another guess and she walked to me. I gave her a tight hug and wished her happy birthday.

"Thankyou so much, Jac. At last.. 25." She said as she drew back from the hug.

"Hey.. 25 is the golden age."

"I just wish I could find love this year." Mia said in a sad tone. Actually Mia was engaged 3 years ago to her highschool sweetheart. She was so excited to plan her wedding but her fiance cheated on her with her cousin. Ouch!

Chelsea was the one who helped Mia back then. I swear Chelsea is a saviour. Before she left New York, she and Mia went to see that man and make sure he regreted it. Mia never talked to her cousin either because she took her man.

"You know.. Are you really.. Jaclyn Rae?" She asked me suddenly and I raised my eyebrows. Her statement was really weird to me. "I am.. you're looking at her."

"Then why the hell are you wearing sneakers to my birthday?" She pointed down to my shoes and I grinned at her.

"I.. sprained my ankle recently and.. Noah kinda asked me not to wear heels so I'm waiting for him to give me the approval to wear heels again." I said and Mia looked at me like I'm possessed.

"What?"

"Jaclyn, this is a party. You will never miss wearing cute highheels and.. show people who's the bitch here!"

"Mia, this is your party. It's time for you to shine, not me. Besides I don't want my ankle to be hurt again so.. please bare with me." I said and Mia shook her head.

"You.. are so weird. Noah isn't that special."

"He is! I finally find the love of my life." I squealed.

"But you broke up with him." Chelsea joined us and she gave a side hug to Mia.

"Don't say that.."

"You should find someone else." Mia suggested and I shook my head. "I don't want to!"

"Too bad you were in Hawaii when Eteon anniversary party was being held. You have to see how dumb she is for Noah." Chelsea said and I glared at her.

"I'm not dumb!"

"She listens to Noah very well. She's completely possessed by him." Chelsea added.

"Is that so? I mean.. I invited Noah and his family today. I wanna see that happen.." Mia smirked and I rolled my eyes at them.

"Look who's here.." Chelsea said as she pointed at my back. I turned around and saw Noah. I got excited and I bid my goodbyes to my friends. I walked towards Noah and he stopped walking when he saw me.

He opened his arms and I ran to him. I hugged him immediately and he embraced me with his warm hug. He caressed my hair and kissed the top of my head.

"You look so beautiful tonight." He said and I drew back from the hug. He looked at me from head to toe and he was surprised to see my shoes.

"You're wearing sneakers?"

"You haven't give me the permission to wear heels again so.. I've been wearing sneakers." I said showing him my shoes and he chuckled.

"That's my girl."

"So.. you're taking me back?" I asked as I clasped my hands together waiting for his answer.

"If.. you swear, you won't race again." He said and I nodded.

"I swear.. really. I swear." I said quickly and he nodded.

"Then.. the answer is yes." He said and I squealed. I cupped his face and crashed my lips to his. He hugged me tightly. "God.. I miss you so much!" He whispered to my ear.

"Me too!"

"You're coming home with me tonight." He said as he touched my nose. "Please tell me that you don't have a shift tomorrow."

"I'm all yours." He said smirking and I squealed happily.

"You're the best!"

"Come on.. I have to find the birthday girl first. It's rude, you know." He said and I nodded. He put his hand in front of me and I took it. We both walked towards Mia who's currently thanking her guests for coming to her birthday party.

"Well well well.. look who's here." Mia said as she saw us.

"Happy birthday, Mia." Noah gave her a brief hug and Mia turned to me.

"You're whipped to this man? Really? He's boring!" Mia roasted him right away and I linked my arm to his. "He's not boring!"

"That's kinda mean." Noah said and Mia chuckled.

"Congratulations you two and please take care of my baby Jaclyn. She's uhmm.. annoying sometimes.. like wearing shoes to my birthday party." Mia said in a sarcastic tone to Noah.

"She sprained her ankle so.."

"I never thought you have ears, darling." Mia smiled to me and I glared at her.

"You really need to fix that attitude." I said and Mia chuckled.

"What attitude?"

"I pray to God that someone will smack the shit out of you." I hissed.

"Jaclyn.." Noah warned and I turned to him pouting.

"Thank you, Noah. I can't believe she curses me on my birthday. Enjoy.. you two." Mia said and she walked away.

"That's not nice."

"She did more worse than that!" I said but still I love Mia despite her sharp tongue.

"Why don't we sit down? You're hungry right?" He asked and I nodded. We both walked towards the table and we sat down with Jayson and Jace.

"Back together huh?" Jayson asked.

"Yes." I nodded proudly.

"Thankyou, because I can't keep up with her. I'm tired." Jace said to Noah and I rolled my eyes on him. How dare he say that to his other 1/3.

"Don't worry, I'll take care of her." Noah said and I turned to him completely melting.

"Babe.."

"Disgusting." Jayson got up from his seat.

"What's with him?" I turned to Jace.

"Who else?" What did Jayson and Chelsea do this time? What's wrong with them?

"I'm outta here.. I'm not third wheeling." Jace said but I couldn't care less. I turned to Noah and kissed his cheek.

"Feels nice to have you back with me."