Chapter 22 - Dreamland

Chelsea Rawles

I was so happy to see my best friend, Jaclyn, happy after all this time struggling with her happiness after her mom passed away. I witnessed her down fall but I felt so happy and relieve to see her having someone who can take care of her.

It was interesting for me to see being so whipped. She usually have them lining up behind her. She's Jaclyn Rae so she will always keep her cold, sassy and princess attitude most of the time but I'm glad that she found someone who's more tough than her.

I just moved back to New York again after living in London for 3 years. My whole family is back in town with me and I can't express myself how happy I am to be back home. Leaving New York was tough.

"It's weird to see her acting like that." Jace stood beside me as he gave me a glass of champagne. I chuckled as taking the champagne from him. "She's happy and that's all that matters."

"She got into a car crash again." Jace sighed and I sipped my champagne. "Yeah, she told me earlier. I can't believe it."

"At least, her boyfriend now is a doctor." I was surprised to hear it. I never thought Noah's job is a doctor. I thought he's a model or maybe an actor or maybe just someone who works at entertaiment industry.

"She took care of her when she got the car crash?" I asked Jace as I turned to him.

"Yeah and they just got into a relationship not long ago. I made a bet with Jayson that they both will get married before the end of the year." Jace said confidently and I chuckled.

"You think so? Isn't that too fast? It's like 4 months away. Next year maybe?" I stated as I turned to Jaclyn and her boyfriend again. I heard Jace laughing loudly beside me making me turn to him confuse.

"I swear.. to you. Despite you and Jayson hate each other, you two sure share the same brain cells." I shook my head at his statement.

"Don't mention his name."

"We're triplets, Chels. My face is basically a copy of him." Jace said and I ignored him. I decided to go away and find my family. I'm not in the mood to deal with the Rae Triplets except Jaclyn.

Jaclyn Rae

"Okay.. that's enough." Noah took my wine glass away from me. He was not drinking at all because he's not good with alcohol but I love wine and champagne.

"No.. no.." I tried to reach for the glass but Noah gave it to the waiter that passed by. Noah shook his head and I looked around waiting for a waiter or a waitress to come by bringing my champagne.

"Jaclyn, you already drank 5 glasses already and that's enough. You're drunk.." He said as he hugged my body from the back preventing me from new glass of wine.

"I'm not drunk." I said but I know I'm a little bit tipsy.

"Jaclyn." I turned to see my dad looking at me suspiciously. I stood up straight and Noah let his arms down.

"Huh?"

"Behave, please." He warned me and then walked away. I turned to Noah. "See.. I told you."

"You're right." I said giggling as I leaned my body to him.

"Let's go to my penthouse." He said and I got excited. I was loving the vibe of the party and that's why I'm drinking a lot. Noah held my hand and we walked out from the ballroom together. He took off his suit and put it on me.

"You're the sweetest." I turned to him and he held my hand tightly. The valet chauffer got his car and we both got in. He put on my seatbelt for me and drove out from the building towards his penthouse.

"I have a surprise for you."

"Really? What is it?" I asked curiously.

"You'll see." To be honest, today is not my day. At work, I handled lots of problems that happened in the company. I had to go to the office so early and spent my day having meetings before going to the event.

That's why I was a little bit sensitive towards Noah. I missed him and wanted to see him right away but he was talking to that woman. I wanted all his attention to myself and clearly he didn't get it.

He parked his car in his apartment and we both walked into the lift pressing the P button for his place. I leaned my body to him and he kissed the top of my head.

"When will your shift ends tomorrow?" I asked planning to hangout with him.

"Why?"

"I just want to see you, I'll miss you for sure." We arrived at his place and he opened the door for me. I walked in and he held my hand bringing me to the stairs that I never know it will lead me somewhere. He led me up and my eyes widen to see he has a rooftop on his own.

"This is.. so beautiful." I gasped seeing the beautiful view and the beautiful set up of the rooftop.

"Why didn't you tell me about this? It's so beautiful, I thought this stair only lead to nothing

"Why didn't you tell me about this? It's so beautiful, I thought this stair only lead to nothing." I said as I walked to see the full view of New York at night. The wind was pretty strong tonight but the view won the game.

"I never clean it up since I'm busy." Noah said as he stood beside me. I was still amazed by the view and the beautiful rooftop. It was quite big but somehow cozy and homey.

"Let's sit down on the sofa bed." He held my hand and brought me to sit on the sofa bed on the edge of the rooftop. I took off my heels first as Noah already sat down on it. He patted a spot beside him and I sat there.

"Feels nice." He said as he put his arm around my shoulder. I nodded and leaned my head to his shoulder. I closed my eyes slowly because I'm so tired today. Not long after that, I went to dreamland.