Chapter 23 - One Last Time

Noah Clayton

As soon as she sat beside me, she leaned her head to my shoulder and I felt her snoring lightly. I couldn't help but smile knowing that she's sleeping already. She must be so tired at work that she fell asleep right away in my arms.

Tonight, she's so adorable. It's been a long time for me to feel the thrill within me especially when it's hard for me to open up with someone but Jaclyn did it. She cracked me. Usually I dated someone who is more mature than her that's why I didn't need to handle them as much as I handle Jaclyn.

But with her.. it's a whole new level of excitement. Her emotions are so various that you just don't know what to expect. Like today, she's a little bit grumpy, sassy, sarcastic and full of jealousy. It's emotions that I never get and handle before, it's refreshing.

I'm starting to like this woman a lot. A lot more than what I've imagined when I said yes to try dating her. I doubted myself at first but she cracked me slowly.

As a doctor, I do experience a lot of emotions. It's a never ending rollercoaster ride.

I slowly picked Jaclyn up. I walked back inside and walked down the stairs slowly making sure that I'm taking the right step because I don't want to fall because Jaclyn will fall down with me.

I walked to my room and laid her down on the bed. I pulled up to blanket for her and kissed her forehead before leaving my room. I walked to the kitchen and got a glass of water.

I walked to the glass window looking at the night view of New York loving appreciating every second of my life. I love how my life going right now, I never want this to end. I like this woman more than I thought.

She already formed a big attachment to me and now I'm starting to form one. I like when I spend time with her even though I doubted her at first. She created trouble sometimes but I still can manage it.

I just hope she won't race again. I trust her but I'm still worried. I still can't guarantee one hundred percent that she will stop. She's stubborn and she rebels a lot.

I drank all of my water and decided to go back to my room. I changed into my PJs, brushed my teeth, washed my face and got into my bed pulling Jaclyn near me. I kissed her cheek and fell asleep right away.

The next day..

I woke up because I heard a phone rings. I opened my eyes and found Jaclyn quickly picking up the phone and walked outside. I checked the time and it's around 8 in the morning.

I waited for her to comeback in as I tried to get myself together. Jaclyn walked back in and I turned to her. She smiled and gave me a kiss on my cheek. "Good morning, sorry that I fell asleep yesterday."

"It's okay." I said and she gave me a peck on my lips. "I have to go, work is calling me. When will you finish your shift again?" She asked.

"I think I will finish around 7, do you want me to drop you off at the office?" I asked and she shook her head. "Amy is here picking me up. I have an emergency meeting, it's kinda messy."

"Okay, I'll see you tonight then." I kissed her one more time before she left my penthouse.

Jaclyn Rae

Work was extremely crazy today. I had to go to Seattle to settle the branch over there that had a little trouble this morning. I called Noah that I couldn't make it and that I have to go to Seattle and stay here for a couple of days.

Rae Motor Industry Seattle branch got someone who was trying to steal some spare parts. We're currently investigating through it and it's not looking good at all. One of the employees got confuse because most of the spare parts were gone when he was about to fix one of our customer's car.

This is going to be a long day.

I got into the hotel and suddenly I got a text message from Jody. Jody is my friend who kinda introduced mento racing. He was asking me if I'm interested in racing next week. My heart skipped a beat when I read it.

Racing has been my side hustle ever since mom died. I love the thrill, the vibe and everything about it. Even my family couldn't stop me even they try so hard to keep me inside.

I sat on my hotel bed looking at Jody's text for quite some time now. My eyes turned to see the bandages on my arm and my leg. I'm still not fully recover from the car crash that happened a month and a half ago. It's healing but not fully yet.

I was biting my lips when I felt my heart beating really fast. What should I do? Should I race one last time? I could borrow Jody's car and he won't mind about it. I was having a little breakdown deciding this because I'm so afraid that Noah might know.

I bet he won't like it when he knows I'm going to race again. I was battling with myself for quite some time. I even took a bath first to take time deciding whether should I do it one last time or no?

Last time.. I will race for the last time.. I will race for the last time.

Everything will be alright and I will make sure that nothing's going to happen. The race will be just fine. I've done this hundreds of times already so I don't need to be.. nervous because race is just race. I mean.. it will be fine right?

I got out from the bathroom and found myself texting Jody telling that I will race one last time next week.