Chapter 13 - Die Young

Jaclyn Rae

I got called by the nurse in charge to go to Noah's office. After waiting for 2 hours, I finally going in. I walked in and he looked at me amusingly as he gestured me to sit down on the bed. I took off my jacket and slowly pulled up my sweat pants. He saw my wounds got a little bit infected and he sighed.

"Why are you looking for me when you can go to the emergency room?" He said as he looked at it closely. "I don't trust other doctors." I said honestly.

"We have trained doctors so you should be fine." He said as he gestured the nurse to give him the medicine from the cabinet. I kept looking at him intenstly while he kept checking on my wounds and scars.

"Dr. Clayton, what do you want me to get you for your lunch break?" The nurse asked and he turned to me.

"Want to grab lunch with me?" He asked and I nodded smiling. He turned to the nurse and he told her that he will go eat outside. "When is your lunch break?" I asked.

"You're my last patient before lunch break." He said as he turned his attention to my wounds again. He started to apply the medicine and it stinks. He was holding my left leg tightly preventing me to flinch or move a bit.

"How's your family?" He asked as he slowly put the bandage around my leg. "They all hate me." I sighed and he kept putting on bandages on my leg until all my scars and wounds were covered.

"I suggest you to take a shower quickly and don't take this bandage off. Come to the emergency room and ask them to change it for you every 4 days." He looked at me and I shook my head. "What? You're trying to rebel again?" He asked in a not so friendly tone but back to taking care of my wounds.

"I don't want to go to the emergency room, I want you to take care of my wounds."

"I'm a cardiologist, Jaclyn. There's a lot of patients out there who needs their heart to be check and you can get the-" He stopped when he looked at me. "You really mean.. you know that."

"I'm not mean, I'm just stating the fact." He said in a calmer tone. He blinked a few times before he put my leg down slowly. "I only know one doctor and I will only trust you so don't blame me when I come here once 4 days." He ignored me as he moved to my left arm. He poured an alcohol to clean it and started to apply the medicine on top of it.

"I can reject a patient." He said and I sighed. "Here I thought you would be proud of me for confessing to my dad about the accident. I guess not." I stated because I felt like everything I do won't impress him in anyway.

"I'm no one so why should I be?" He hissed and I shook my head completely can't believe that this is the same person that had dinner with me 3 months ago.

"As a cardiologist, you don't have a heart." I stated and he stopped whatever he's doing to glare coldly at me. "I know I'm selfish and the list goes on but I'm trying to fix it. Why aren't you happy about it?" I asked curiously.

"It's for your own good, Jaclyn. You're doing it for your own good. Why should I be happy?"

"I don't know.. because I've changed?" He started to put the bandage around my arm. I took off my cap showing the bruise on my head. He put my arm down slowly and checked my head. Our eyes met and he sighed. "What do you want?" I was surprised to see him asking that.

"What?"

"You want something." He said as he put his hands down. He turned to the nurse to take a specific medicine. The nurse went out leaving me with him alone. "How do you know?" I asked.

"I just know.. you write it on your forehead." He said sarcasticly and I pouted looking at him. "You're being mean again."

"Tell me.. what's on your head?" He asked as he cleaned the bruise on my forehead.

"I'll tell you over lunch." I said and he nodded. The nurse came back in with a medicine and she gave it to him. He applied it on my forehead and put a small bandage on it. "You're done." He said as he put his hand in front of me. I took it and he helped me to get down from the bed.

"Sit outside and wait for me.. I will change my clothes first." He said and I looked at him smiling. "Can I stay here?"

"Bring her out." He asked the nurse and I pouted. The nurse brought me out and asked me to sit on the chair in front of his office. I waited for him to come out as I played with bag strap.

"Your jacket." I turned to see Noah already walking out from his office. I got up and he gave me his jacket. He's wearing a black hoodie with jeans and he looked so good. "What do you want to eat?" He asked and he caught me staring.

"You pick."

"Okay." He took me to a chinese hotpot place just a block away from the hospital. I never had a chinese hotpot before and I'm excited to try it. He ordered the food for me and they put a big bowl of soup to out table.

"This is the spicy one that will make your tongue numb and this is the healthy one." He said pointing at the soups. I nodded completely amaze with it because I've only seen this on TV or instagram but never really tried it because I'm a coward. I rarely try something new.

"Tell me.. what do you want?" Noah asked and I looked at him nervously.

"I.. uhmm.. I never do this.. I mean.. you should be honoured!" I blured out and he looked at me confuse. "Will you date me?" I asked and I closed my eyes not wanting to hear his answer.

"Do you want to hear my answer or no?"

"If it's a good answer, I will but if not, I will close my ears." I said without opening my eyes.

"It's a good answer." He said and I opened my eyes smiling at him.

"No, I will get a heart attack and die young."