• The Beginning •

"Ma'am , Mr. Jeon is asking for you."

Hyunmi looked up from her phone at her secretary. Suddenly her throat became dry and she had the impending urge to drink water. Tons of water.

"Tell him I have meetings lined up whole day. I won't be available today." She said gulping down the water.

"Umm.. Ma'am ..." her secretary looked at her apologetically.

"What?"

"Mr. Jeon has cancelled all your meetings for today and tomorrow." She said looking down.

Hyunmi closed her eyes in defeat.

What the..

"Fine . I don't think I have any other option."
She said sinking back into her seat.

The car zoomed past the roads as it entered an abundant free place , away from the population. Hyunmi looked up at the magnificent mansion lit up with all its grandeur and pomp.

Jeon Mansion.
Shit. I am in big trouble.

She could already imagine him pacing in his office with his disheveled hair in anger.

The car stopped in the portico as the security opened the car door and Hyunmi exited. She took a deep breath before stepping inside.

"Oh my! My dearest Hyunmi has arrived!"
"Grandma Lana.." Hyunmi said as she bowed at the elderly lady.

"You know you are the only person who bows to this old maid." She said as she hugged Hyunmi.

"Well.. you are the most capable chief House caretaker. I respect you as you are the only person who can control him." Hyunmi said as she giggled.

"Speaking of him, he is a bit.. stressed and he is waiting in his office. I think you should go and meet him." She said patting Hyunmi's shoulder.

Hyunmi nodded as she walked upstairs. She reached the large mahogany double door of his office.

She gulped in fear as she knew things would probably won't be the way she would like them to be.

Calm down Hyunmi. Just stay confident. Don't get scared. Calm down. Calm down.

Taking a deep breath , she swinged the double door open .

He was in the exact state she had pictured him. Disheveled hair as he repeatedly ran his fingers through them. Pacing back and forth his office in his robes .

As she entered , the man in question looked at her . The satisfaction to see her showed in his face for a minor time as anger took its place immediately.

"You asked for me?" Hyunmi asked as she stood a little away from him.

"Where were you?" He asked clenching his jaw.
"I was in a meeting when you called." She said nonchalantly.

"That's about today. Where were you for the last three days?" He asked as he walked towards her and halting just a feet infront of her.

"I had some business. Unavoidable." She said looking straight in his eyes.

He clenched his jaw and fists to control his anger. Closing his eyes for a minute , he managed to calm down as he looked at the lady in front of him.

"Next time, take someone with you or keep your phone with you. Do you get that?"

"Why Jungkook?"

The man walked up to her closing all distance between them. He held her hands in his big ones.