• BitterSweet •

Running along the street , drenched in rain , Hyunmi halted infront of his house

Running along the street , drenched in rain , Hyunmi halted infront of his house. Out of breath due to the tedious running she did. She had to find out. She had to know what changed him to this level. She had to know what made him leave her.

She knocked on the door and waited for someone to open it. She waited and waited but no one opened the door. She banged the door this time.
"Who the hell—"
"Jisoo! Is Tae inside!? C-Can I meet him? O-Once? P-Please?" She said shivering in the cold.

Jisoo nodded as she pulled her inside.

She felt sympathetic towards the girl who was shivering, all wet.

"Come inside. He is in his study."

Hyunmi ran upstairs and barged in.

Taehyung was sitting on the couch .When she looked at him, he looked up but what surprised her was that he was not surprised to see her.
He wasn't even embarrassed. He just sat there looking at her with his empty eyes.

"why have you been ignoring all my calls and messages?  why have you been ignoring me?" She asked as tears flowed on her already soaked skin.

Taehyung stood up and made his way infront of her.

"I don't love you anymore. I have realised that you are no use to me. You are just a pathetic little good for nothing orphan. It was better when I left you. Now that you have your answer why don't you leave me alone." He said as he turned around.

"What? Look at me Tae.
Say it in my face Kim Taehyung." She said desperately , trying to falsify all that he said.

Taehyung turned to her .

"I don't want to see you infront of me, Kang Hyunmi. Leave." He deadpanned.

Hyunmi slapped him hard as he spoke.

"Is this what you had promised? You are hollow inside out. I gave my everything to you. My love , my affection, my heart.... and this is what I get in return. What did you say ? Pathetic little good for nothing orphan?
You know what Kim Taehyung? I may not be rich like you , I may not have a family like you but my emotions are my treasure. You took away the only thing I had got. My ability to love. I hope you never see me again."

That was what she had told him the last time they had met.

Now, everything was coming back. All those reasons that had pushed her to take her life. But she was not weak anymore. She was no more that naive Hyunmi. She had people who cared about her now. Kim Taehyung or no, nobody could bring her down. Nobody will be able to break this Hyunmi that she had built with so much caution. The barricade her heart was surrounded in will not be broken this time.

"So, Taehyung was the guy who pushed you into depression?" Jungkook said clenching his jaw in anger.

"Yes. He is the Taehyung I had loved. Who left me because I was apparently not worthy ? Maybe I wasn't? But it doesn't matter Jungkook. It was five years back. Now it matters to the least to me. I don't care."

"So you are gonna forgive him?"

"I can never forgive him. I had loved him with all of me. And he pushed me over the edge of a cliff from where I can't be retrieved. It is once or not at all. Forgiving him is not a option. I don't owe him anything."

"I will kill him!" Jungkook said as he stood up.

"No. You won't make your relation with him complicated because of me. You and him were friends since childhood. You have nothing to do with it. You will not get involved in it Jungkook. If you ever loved me, then you won't."

"I love you. I love you more than anything. You are the only person to whom I turn for solace. You comforted me when I was in need. Your priority in my life is top most. I don't think I would be able to live seeing you getting hurt."

"I am fine. I just got a bit bewildered on seeing him after so long that's all. You shouldn't worry at all." She said caressing his cheek.

He pulled her into his embrace hugging her tightly.

"Tell me if he hurts you. I will kick his ass!" He said making Hyunmi smile.

Taehyung looked at the ceiling of his room as he lied down on his bed.

She hates me.

Why am I hurt by it?

What I did at that time was to make her hate me.

But I don't want her to hate me.... not now.
Not ever.

I want her back.

I want her back in my arms.

He rolled to his side facing the wall.
A smile tugged at his lips when his eyes fell on the photographs on the wall.

He stood up and walked to it as he scanned it.

The wall was full of framed photographs of Hyunmi and him.

There was one which they had clicked before the sunset. Their silhouettes kissing each other when he had confessed his love to her.

Unknowingly, a small tear drop escaped his eye.

We were so happy.

She was my world.

But I .....

I ruined it.

I have to win her back.

But does she still love me....

Or is our love ..... lost.

                                        ***

Hmm.. deep.

Will Taehyung be able to win back Hyunmi? Or would Hyunmi refuse?

~PDG.