Engagment Part 2- Chapter 15

...continued

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I lifted my hand and as I was sliding the ring onto his finger, his hand backed away. Everyone gasped. I didn't have the guts to raise my gaze towards him. I was no nervous? Why had he removed his hand. what happened? Did I do something that upset him?? A breeze of tension ran through me.

Gaining the courage, I finally lifted my gaze towards him and everybody else. Hussain was laughing and Jiju had his hand on arm Hussain's arm.

"Heyyy cheating. Hum ne aise nahi kiya tha haan cheaters" Di said

What???!!! I was so confused. Then I put together the puzzle that Jiju had pulled away Hussain's hand. relief ran through me. Then Di confirmed my theory.

"Aap ne Hussain ka haath kyun peeche kiya" She scolded Jiju. Then a whole argument started. Di started blaming Jiju and Jiju was just laughing. All the camera men were doing was just snapping pictures. I looked at Hussain and he looked at me. I gave him the smh face and he laughed. Then his mom ended the fuss.

"aab ring bhi pena de ke ye bhi tum dono ke jhagre ke baad kare" she said to Di and Jiju.

She motioned for me to put the ring. I quickly slid the ring onto his finger before Jiju started again. Everyone applauded and the 'dhol' started. Di and Jiju were dancing so much. Me and Hussain just sat there watching and clapping.

HUSSAIN'S POV:

Aaliya was about to put the ring on when Bhai pulled my hand away. Aaliya looked up at me confused. Then Bhabhi and Bhai started fighting. Mom broke the fuss and Aaliya put in the ring. OMG WE WERE ENGAGED. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The dhol started playing and Bhai and Bhabhi were dancing so much. Then Bhabhi and Bhai went on the microphone.

Then a guy came up to Aaliya.

"Aaliyaaa"

"Rahul..." she said hugging him.

"Hey you made it" she said

"Yep how could I miss it" he said

Then he came over to me.

"Congrats bro. Your lucky" he said

"Hey thanks man" i said

Aaliya just smiled.

"Hey I'll go meet Uncle and Aunty" he said refering to Aaliya's parents. Uff. Thank God he left. I have to admit, I didnt like the fact that he hugged Aaliya and that she went in for the hug first. Was I jealous???

AALIYA'S POV:

After the dhol was done, the hosts who were Di and Jiju got on the michrophone.

"Aab dance ki baari"

Di and Jiju went onto the stage and started dancing to kabhi jo baadal barse. It was so sweet.

Then Hussain excused himself. He went to a group of boys that seemed like his age. I guess  they were his friends cuz he hugged them like yaars. Then they started talking. Di came and sat next to me in Hussain's seat.

HUSSAIN'S POV:

I excused myself from Aaliya cuz I saw my college friends. I raced to them.

"Heyyyyyyyy" I said

"Hey Hussain" They all said. We hugged. Then they started congratulating me.

"Congrats bro" one said

"yea thnx" I replied                

"Oho bichara" they teased. "Shaadi mein phas gaya"