Chapter 26

Enjoy!
Xxx

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxoooooooooooooooxxxxxxxxx

It didn’t take long for Nile to approach Illyria again, making idle and boring conversation with the commander before his attention was drawn to the beautiful woman next to him. Illyria hated how he was undressing her with his eyes, hated that he leered at her like she was a tasty meal that he was about to devour. Hated how his fingers discreetly reached out to touch her in anyway possible, stroking her arm, sliding along her back. It made her skin crawl, made her stomach churn. It was so sordid, so perverse. Yet she refused to let it affect her. Still she smiled sweetly, encouraging his behaviour in order to get what she needed.

Despite her previous nerves about how awkward it was going to be to flirt with a total stranger, she adapted fairly quickly, finding it easier than what she originally anticipated. It was like she just knew what to do to get under his skin. Acting shy, smiling sweetly, seductive glances. She ran the tip of her tongue across her lips before gently biting her bottom lip while he was talking to her at one point and it made him completely forget his train of thought.

At that moment, Nile got pulled away again, promising to return soon. Illyria let out a long sigh once he was out of earshot, taking another deep gulp of the apparently expensive wine.

“You’re quite good at this.” Hanji commented and Illyria scoffed, shaking her head.

“Oh please, spare me.” She answered dismissively, not at all impressed with the praise. No point celebrating prematurely, congratulate her on a job well done once it was all over.

Levi, had watched Nile like a hawk during every single one of his visits. Not a single touch or flirtatious smile had gone unnoticed by him. He was seething silently on the inside, his usual stoic personality being shoved forcefully aside as pure rage and, dare he say it, jealously took over.

He was having an inner battle with himself, trying unsuccessfully to quell his fury. He knew he technically had no right to be so angry. And he knew Illyria was only doing what had to be done, playing the part exceptionally well, putting herself at risk in order to gain and not even gain for herself, but for the regiment, for Erwin. But that didn’t mean he had to like it.

He had also watched Nile from a distance, noticed that he continuously glanced over in Illyria’s direction, eyes not always focused on the back of her head but lowering and taking in other assets of her body. He had never felt anything like this before. His body was set aflame whenever Nile put his filthy hands on her, a burning desire to smash his face in almost too powerful to ignore. He had wanted to pull her away, to shove him back from her. Yet he had to remain still, fearful that if he moved it would urge him to follow through on what he really wanted to do. The way he looked at her, made his heart race and stomach twist in the most unpleasant of ways. He wasn’t sure how much longer he could stand idly by and watch the sickening scenes unfold in front of him.

Nile approached Illyria again, offering her to dance. Illyria, though surprised obviously accepted and followed him to where several others were dancing in the centre of the room. He slid his slimy hand around her bare back, his other hand taking hers and resting it on his shoulder before holding her other hand and danced with her slowly.

Illyria had never felt so uncomfortable in her whole life.

“So Illyria, I couldn’t help but notice the lack of a wedding ring on your finger...” Illyria blinked in surprise. So that’s what he was doing when he took my hand! She hummed gently, examining the hand that rested on his shoulder.

“You are observant sir.” He raised his eyebrows smugly as his hand came up to gently brush her hair from in front of her shoulders, pushing the strands behind her.