Chapter 28

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxoooooooooooooooxxxxxxxxx

Levi did in fact make Illyria walk through the castle without her knickers. Historia, Eren and the rest of her friends had surrounded her the minute they had laid eyes on her. Illyria had tried her very best to answer their questions, shifting uncomfortably and growing embarrassed when they had complimented her on how good she looked. Historia was concerned with her injuries, asking if Nile had hurt her which had caught the captains attention. Though he continued staring blankly, feigning interest in what Erwin was saying, his ears were trained to listen for Illyria’s response.

“No he tried his luck but I’m pretty sure I broke his nose. Stop worrying about me, I’m fine, honestly.” Her response had relaxed him slightly. Though he was still incredibly pissed off with tonight’s incidents, he took comfort in knowing Nile had not been able to have his way with her, she had put up a fight, and that pleased him.

He hadn’t been lying when he had spoken about how hard it had been to keep himself under control all night. The sight of Nile’s dirty hands running over her body, the way he looked at her, that fucking kiss. That had pissed him off to an entirely other level. Levi had never kissed Illyria, he thought it was far too intimate, but that didn’t mean he was happy about Nile claiming a part of her that he never had. It had definitely bothered him, the entire night had bothered him, sparked a jealous streak in him that he didn’t even know he had. This streak had been ignited the second Erwin had told them about the mission, about Illyria’s involvement, and her determination to see it through. But witnessing it had done something else. Like pouring oil on a tiny flame, and just watching it explode.

Seeing her act that way with another man, watching her flirt with him, seeing her smile at him, letting her eyes do the talking, allowing him to put his hands on her... Levi had wondered just how far it had gone once they had entered Nile’s room. He had watched the two of them leave, and Hanji had snuck out and followed, confirming that she had been successful in getting to his room. Levi’s mind had gone crazy with the endless possibilities of what would happen. And when she had returned, with a bite mark on her shoulder, a small pink bruise on her neck and the back strap of her dress untied, it had only further fuelled his fire. It had not gone unnoticed.

So hearing that Nile had been unsuccessful in pursuing her, certainly helped calm the storm that was swirling inside him. However, it wasn’t quite enough. He couldn’t stand the thought of another man leaving his imprint on her. Though Illyria probably never even thought about it, he couldn’t help but think that every time he touched her, she would think of Nile. And that just would not do for Levi. He couldn’t explain it himself, but from the moment Nile had touched her, from the moment he had caressed her hand, stroked her arm, slid his hand along her back, Levi had wanted nothing more than to get his hands on Illyria. To almost reclaim her as his. Which was absurd to him. Because although he had told her that she belonged to him, and she had agreed, they both knew that she didn’t.

Levi had absolutely no right to feel jealous. No right at all to feel anything at all towards the woman. But that didn’t change the fact that he did. Seeing Nile look at her the way he had, touch her the way he did made Levi want to rip his arms off. The man had no right. Just like he had no right to feel that way.

Illyria, finally managed to break away from her friends, heading over to Erwin, Levi and Hanji. Hanji hugged her warmly.

“You did it! How do you feel?” Hanji asked, smiling enthusiastically at Illyria, giving her a little squeeze of the shoulder. Illyria returned the soft smile but then grimaced slightly.

“Dirty. I need a shower.” She replied and Hanji chuckled. Levi raised an eyebrow at her suggestively, a small smirk tugging at the corners of his lips and Illyria shot him a hard look in warning, which only made his smile grow.

“Well at least it’s done now!” She said, turning to Erwin. The blond man looked at her, smiling softly and nodding his head.

“You were brilliant tonight Illyria. Thank you. Please, take the day off tomorrow, as a token of my gratitude.” Illyria gave a small smile, thrilled at the prospect of having a lie in tomorrow, offering the commander a salute and thanking him. Erwin gave a small nod in acknowledgement, turning his attention to Levi.

“I will go through the book tonight. Drop by at some point tomorrow and I will tell you what I’ve found.” Levi nodded in understanding and Erwin and Hanji made their leave.

Illyria turned her attention to the captain, who was regarding her with a hungry glimmer in his eyes. The tension was crippling. Illyria took a deep breath, trying to steady her racing heart, her thighs still slick with want from his previous attack. She turned away shyly, shuffling uncomfortably under his heated gaze.

“Don’t you have somewhere to be, Light?” he questioned, the underlying hint ringing loud and clear. She glanced behind her, noticing how her friends were watching from a safe distance, clearly wondering what was unfolding between Illyria and the captain. She felt incredibly uncomfortable, pinching the tips of her fingers nervously and swallowing thickly.

“They’re all watching...” she murmured, stealing a quick glance at Levi and hoping that he would understand her discomfort. Levi’s gaze remained fixed firmly on the woman in front of him, seemingly completely disinterested to her current predicament. She was staring intently at her fingers, trying to avoid his eyes, painfully aware of the growing sexual tension between them. Levi took several steps towards her, closing the distance and her eyes hesitantly lifted to finally meet his gaze. He took her wrist, grip firm but not rough, eyes fixed firmly on hers as he moved closer, lips brushing her burning cheek.

“Better think of a good excuse then hadn’t you? Don’t dawdle too much though, I expect you at my door in five minutes.” He whispered, his voice leaving no room for argument. Illyria felt her whole body flush, heat radiating from her cheeks at the captains actions. The closeness of his body and whispered orders making her melt with want.

She closed her eyes and grit her teeth. Fighting the urge to respond to his teases. She felt something warm press into the palm of her hand and looked down, seeing that Levi had put her crumpled up knickers into her hand before his hand had forced hers to close around them. She frowned, shooting him an irritated look. What the hell was he thinking?

“Are you serious right now? Where the hell am I meant to hide them?” she hissed, anger flickering across her features at his stunt. Levi just smirked, leaning closer to her again.

“Figure it out. And be quick about it.” He replied curtly, releasing her wrist and taking a step back before he turned and left. Illyria was horrified, glancing down at the fabric in her hands she shook her head, trying to figure out what she was meant to do. It’s not like she could just put them back on with all of her friends standing around watching her!

Illyria was frozen with terror. Just what was Levi thinking? What would she do if someone saw him give her something? Where was she meant to hide them? The thought that she could be caught right now, by her friends, clutching her knickers was mortifying. Then she would need to try and explain. Explain why she was holding them instead of wearing them, explain why had Levi had them in the first place! She would be totally ashamed.

She heard light footsteps approaching from behind her and her blood ran cold. Quickly she shoved the offensive garment down the front of her dress, quickly retying her shawl across her shoulders and shielding the red cotton from prying eyes.

“Hey, everything alright?” she spun around, eyes meeting Eren's concerned ones as he reached out and touched her shoulder comfortingly. She forced a smile, nerves taking over as she nodded her head, clutching the satin material tightly together.

“Yeah, yeah everything is fine... never better.” Eren blinked, brows drawing together, picking up on her anxiety.

“Are you sure?” Illyria nodded again.

“Yeah I’m... I’m going to go and have a shower. I feel filthy.” Eren’s eyes softened, giving her a reassuring squeeze.

“Sure... are you sure you’re alright?” his hand left her shoulder and she heaved a small sigh of relief, offering him a genuine smile and affirming that she was fine. When Eren appeared a bit more convinced she made her leave. Illyria couldn’t get away quick enough, starting to head through the corridors to Levi’s office.

She was furious that he would pull a stunt like that. Reaching his office she turned the handle, not even bothering to knock and stormed inside. Levi was sitting at his desk, engrossed in his paper work until the sound of his door opening alerted him to company. He looked up, a prominent scowl on his face, not appreciating someone storming into his quarters unannounced, but his gaze softened considerably and his lips curled into an amused smile when he realised it was Illyria.

She slammed the door shut, causing the raven haired man to put his pen down and casually lean back in his chair, awaiting the verbal bashing he knew was bound to come from his little ‘joke’, clearly amused at her frustration.

“That was fast. Someone’s eager.’ He teased, shooting her a knowing smirk as she crossed the room, reaching into her dress, eyes ablaze with fury, throwing the offending garment onto his desk as she finally reached it.

That! Was not... funny!” she seethed, crossing her arms across her chest, an exasperated sigh leaving her lips and Levi raised an eyebrow, chuckling at her display.

“No? I apologise. I guess my humour is a little off.” He deadpanned, though his expression was showing his blatant entertainment. Illyria narrowed her eyes at him.

“Not funny, Levi. What if someone had seen?” He shrugged dismissively.

“Not my problem. You would be the one standing there holding your knickers and needing to explain, not me.” He reached across the table, fingers curling back around the material she had just dashed at him, eyes  examining them and not sparing her another glance. Illyria swallowed, realising now that throwing her knickers on the desk was probably not the smartest thing to do. Levi toyed with them for a moment, his beautiful eyes finally locking onto Illyria’s now nervous ones.

“I’m assuming you don’t want these back then?” he teased, watching as her arms relaxed to her sides and she tried to fix him with a firm glare, failing miserably. She had no idea how to respond. Of course she wanted them back! But this was Levi, and telling him she wanted them back, would just make him want to keep them even more. Her indecisiveness did not go unnoticed by the ever observant captain, who flashed her a winning smile before he signalled for her to come closer, raising his hand and twitching his finger, beckoning her to come forward.

“Come here.”

Illyria’s rage was subdued instantly, unable to ignore the incredibly seductive look that the captain was giving her. Remembering the recent events of the night, she became quite anxious, not able to determine the mood he was in. He had definitely been angry with the situation with Nile, but that had quickly morphed into a more passionate feeling when they had been in the carriage. She made her way over to him, her previous confidence wavering as she walked around his desk. Levi’s intense gaze did not leave her once, turning to face her, a look in his eyes that was almost predatory.

“Kneel.” Illyria felt her body tremble, her blood turning to fire as a heat surged through her. She could almost hear her heart thrumming in her ears as she slowly did as she was told. Levi had to fight the temptation to push her back and fuck her senseless on the spot. He could see how strained her breathing had become, a faint tint dusting her cheeks. His eyes twitched narrowing ever so slightly as he caught sight of the small graze on her cheek. Several barely noticeable scratches and a pinkish bruise instantly reminded him of everything that had occurred that night. His eyes dropped to her perfect mouth, which adorned a small cut, though it had stopped bleeding now.

Levi leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees, invading Illyria’s personal space. His hand reached out, tenderly stroking her cheek, thumb running over the small graze there as his fingers curled around the back of her neck.

“Are you alright?” his voice was soft, gentle, concern flickering in his silver orbs. Illyria didn’t think she had ever seen him look so genuine. The question held a weight to it, a silent underlying meaning, like he was quietly asking her if she was okay not just regarding the situation she had been in tonight, but also right now, in this moment, with him.

She nodded her head softly, not even needing to think about it as she offered him a smile, turning her head and tentatively pressed a kiss to his thumb. She was okay, and she knew deep down there was nowhere else she would rather be right now. The strangely intimate action caught Levi off guard, his jaw instantly clenching and heartbeat steadily increasing. He released a small shaky breath, eyes narrowing almost dangerously as he leaned closer.

“Good. Because I meant what I said.” His hand slipped from her face and secured itself firmly around the back of her neck, bringing her closer with force. Illyria’s hands raised, fingers gently gripping at his knees to steady herself as he brought her closer, her breathing hitching from the unexpected shift in his demeanour. He was so close. The look in his eyes portraying his pure unfiltered hunger.

“You’ve got some making up to do. And I don’t plan to go easy on you tonight.”

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxoooooooooooooooxxxxxxxxx

Hey! So, I'm sorry it's short! But at least it's something. Sorry about keeping you all in suspense!
This is the last pre-written chapter I have now so updates will be much slower.
Please be patient with me. I will be trying to update at least once a week.

Thank you all so much for the votes! The favourites and the comments!

All my love

Xxx