Nighttime Chat

High above the Bucket House, the moon's light shined upon the tiny shack along the night sky. Shining through the tiny window to Charlie's room, the seven sleeping ponies, and the little dragon, bundled together along the floor. Twilight and her friends laid sound asleep, a few of them snoring (Mostly Rainbow Dash), but otherwise in complete bliss. Of course, this blissful sleep was soon interrupted by the sounds of rustling sheets and the patter of feet hitting the floor. Twilight's lavender eyes slowly open, turning to see Charlie wide awake.

"Charlie?" Twilight yawned.

Charlie himself turned to look down upon the groggy alicorn.

"Oh, sorry Twilight," Charlie apologized. "Didn't mean to wake you."

Twilight merely shook her head, as she rubs the sleep from her eyes with her hooves.

"No, it's alright. I just thought you were still asleep."

At that moment, the commotion stirred every pony else from their sleep as they start waking up one-by-one. Cheese Sandwich and Pinkie Pie, who had been cuddled together in their sleep, woke up with their eyes staring toward each other. For a brief moment, all they could do was silently smile as they each looked at the most pleasant sight before them.

"You know, I could wake up like this all the time!" Cheese smiled.

Pinkie nods her head, nuzzling up to Cheese Sandwich. Rarity and Fluttershy both stretched out, yawning as they woke before turning to Charlie. The last to wake up after Spike were Rainbow Dash and Applejack, both were still sound asleep before they slowly came to. The moment they opened their eyes, they suddenly realized just how close they were to each other, so close in face their muzzles were no more than an inch from contact. There was an awkward pause between the two, barely even blinked before they slow pushed each other as far away as possible before turning toward the boy.

"What's up Charlie?" Rainbow asked, playing it cool.

"What are ya'll doing awake at this here hour?" Applejack added.

"Well, you see, I usually wake up at this hour so I can meet with Grandpa Joe in the living room while he's awake," Charlie explained. "This way we can just sit and talk to each other about the most strange and wonderful things."

Rarity did her best to listen but found herself trying to keep from slumping over asleep.

"But why must it be so early, darling?" Rarity groaned, yawning.

"There's not really many other times of the day for me and Grandpa to just talk. What with school, my paper route, and everything I have to do to help my family, times like this are hard to come by."

Every pony nodded, smiling understandingly knowing just where Charlie is coming from. Any moment they can spend with the ones they love, no matter how busy they are, makes for precious moments. Especially amongst good friends, like what they have now.

"Would you mind if we came along?" Fluttershy asked.

"Well, of course you can," Charlie smiled.

Satisfied, every pony all got up and made their way out of the room... All except for Rarity. The poor unicorn found herself barely keeping her eyes from falling shut.

"Aren't you coming along, Rarity?" Twilight asked.

"Sorry, Twilight darling," Rarity spoke. "But you know I'm not my best in the morning with a soothing hot cup of coffee."

Twilight rolls her eyes, using her magic to conjure up a mug of warm coffee. She levitates it over to Rarity, as the Marshmallow unicorn guzzled it down. The scolding hot liquid courses down her throat, immediately perking her up and now we find Rarity wide awake.