I've Got A Golden Ticket

The blood raced and the adrenaline ran an all-time high, as Charlie and his pony friends, Spike included, ran as fast as they could back to the Bucket house. Mere moments ago, a miracle of epic proportions occurred: News spread of the final golden ticket supposedly found in Paraguay was actually a 'fake'. On a whim, Charlie had purchased a Wonka bar moments before discovering this information and when he opened the Wonka, he and every pony else were very surprised to discover the 'real' golden ticket. Now here they were, sprinting down the street heading for home.

They until they came upon a long dark tunnel, just the shortcut needed to get back to the house. They kept running till they reached the middle of the tunnel, when something unexpected happened. A man stepped from the corner, standing right before the group, and they all came to a sudden halt. The man was tall and lanky, wearing a black suit and bowler hat, but the most prominent features were the octagon spectacles he wore and the scar across his left eye. He looked down toward the group of friends with a small smirk.

"I congratulate you, little boy," He said. "Well done. You found the fifth Golden Ticket. May I introduce myself? Arthur Slugworth, President of 'Slugworth Chocolates, Incorporated'."

Everyone gasped in shock, slowly backing up a step. This was Mr. Wonka's most nefarious rival in the chocolate business, the very man who forced the chocolatier to shut his operation down by stealing all his secret recipes. Now there he stood, a mere few feet from them. His sights turn toward the ponies and Spike, his smile drops.

"Forgive me for saying, but what I have to discuss is between me and the boy. So, would you kindly excuse us?"

Not liking the tone, Rainbow jumps in front of Charlie. The rest of her friends follow suit.

"We're Charlie's friends," Rainbow spoke up. "Whatever you have to say to him, you can say it to us!"

Seeing the fierce gleam in her eyes, Slugworth lightly chuckled.

"Very well then," He complies, turning back to Charlie. "Now listen carefully because I'm going to make you very rich indeed. Mr. Wonka is at this moment working on a fantastic invention: the Everlasting Gobstopper. If he succeeds, he'll ruin me. So, all I want you to do is to get hold of just one Everlasting Gobstopper and bring it to me so that I can find the secret formula."

No pony liked what this man had to say. He was basically asking Charlie to steal Mr. Wonka's new invention and hand it to him. Celestia only knows what that would do to Wonka's candy business. This made Applejack grit her teeth thinking about it.

"Now lookee here, Slugworth!" Applejack spot. "Ah think we heard quite enough outta you. Charlie's a good boy and he wouldn't steal nothing from nobody, no-how!"

"That's right!" Rainbow nodded, vigorously. "Haven't you stolen enough from that man already? Grandpa Joe told us how you're the reason Mr. Wonka closed his factory in the first place! It's your fault Mr. Wonka had him fired!"

Slugworth turned his attention to the two ponies, a clear scowl on his face.

"Is that what you were told, little pony? Did you also know I 'tried' to be a friendly competitor? Did he ever tell you I 'tried' trading recipes fairly with him? That I 'tried' to merge our companies? He wouldn't budge and I received nothing. He was the one making the most money, forcing me to steal from him. It's his fault... Not mine."

This man's explanation certainly received little sympathy from any pony in this group. In fact, he appeared to be justifying their reason not to trust him. Regardless, Slugworth turned back to Charlie, pulling out a large stack of dollar bills.

"Anyway boy, if you succeed, your reward will be ten thousand of these. Think it over, will you? A new house for your family, and good food and comfort for the rest of their lives. If I were you, I'd choose wisely seeing as I have made the 'same' offer to the other four winners."