Third Ticket

Another glorious day was in progress for our heroes, especially a poor little boy who desperately desires to seek a golden ticket. Soon as Charlie finished school for the day, his seven equine friends, and their little dragon pal, met him just outside the school as always. Seeing the boy emerge through the entry way, every pony ran up to greet him, aside from Rainbow, who always prefers flying. At the sight of his faithful companions, Charlie smiled hugely.

"What's up, Charlie?" Rainbow asked, casually.

"You know, you guys don't have to come and walk me home from school every day," Charlie assured. "I feel bad for having you come all this way just for me."

"Oh pish-posh, darling," Rarity brushed it off. "We're more than happy to accompany you home or just about anywhere."

"I'm assuming you've got a paper route to do, am I right?" Twilight asked.

"You bet, Twilight," Charlie nodded.

They began to walk down the road towards the newspaper stand, where Charlie collected his papers from Mr. Jopeck as they proceed to deliver them. Surprisingly enough, it took less time to deliver them all today than in recent days.

"Wow, this actually went by much quicker than usual," Fluttershy noted.

Confused, Charlie looked through his paper bag only to find it completely empty.

"Hmm... Must be a slow day for the paper," Charlie shrugged, scratching his head.

"Well, we got plenty ah time left fur we gotta get your ma from the laundry house," Applejack confirmed. "What ya'll wanna do?"

Every pony shrugged, when an answer wouldn't come. Usually, the paper route took longer than this. But with today taking less time, it left the group with little more time to actually do something casual.

Suddenly, they all hear Pinkie Pie gasp and turn around to see her smiling widely. Her huge eyes widening, her tail pointing toward a park not far from them.

"Ooh! Ooh! Can we go to the park?" Pinkie begged, bouncing excitedly. "Can we go to the park? Please? Please? Pretty please with chocolate frosting on top?"

Every pony and Charlie smiled, shaking their heads at their friend's antics, hopping about like an excited school filly. They all looked past her and all the same couldn't help but stare at the park. Even they could admit that since arriving onto this world, they rarely had any time to spend together. What with Charlie always busy with either school or his paper route, usually both, the only times they ever get to see him were whenever they walk him home or having any time to talk before bed. The entire group looked at each other, smiling as a decision was made.

"Why not?" Twilight said, gleefully. "Come on, girls! Let's have some fun!"

They all ran excitedly towards the park, finally having themselves some fun. Rainbow, Fluttershy, and Spike especially enjoyed a wonderful game of tag. But rather than simply running across the grass, they took flight in the air. Pinkie laughed as Cheese pushed her along the sing, as he himself smiled brightly. Charlie, Rarity, and Twilight picked flowers along the field just alongside the park, admiring the tranquility and beauty. Before too long, they all decided it be relaxing to sit down for a lovely picnic, which Twilight was happy to conjure up.

As they sat along the field, enjoying some peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, which Twilight made herself, they decided to share a casual conversation.

"So, you'll never believe what happened today, Charlie," Twilight spoke up.

"What's that, Twilight?" Charlie asked.