Doting Fathers

Bakugo lounged against the tree watching Deku eat his bento slow and thoughtfully.

"You still haven't figured out where you're going?" He asked.

"Not yet... I thought about asking my dad if I could just stay and intern with him but then it'd seem rude to this that requested me. I didn't get offers from any of the top five like you and Izumi... So who should I choose?"

"Why not just pick one at random if you're gonna be that wishy washy about it?" Bakugo grunted and grabbed his packet flipping through it and pointing at a random name. "There.... Valkyrie"

"Valkyrie?!" Izuku snagged the packet from him and eyed the name. "Wow she was one of my top choices too, what are the odds? She's got amazing defensive abilities which is the area I need to work on in my training. She's also one of the top female pros in the business next to Lady Dragon."

Izumi watched from a distance. Seeing the two interact and be friendly with each other did something inside her she couldn't quite pinpoint. Through their connection she could feel small waves of happiness and love fill her, and it made her want to tear up for multiple reasons. She was happy that her brother was so obviously smitten... surprised by the small hints of Bakugo's affection... and a bit sad and lonely at being separate from the moment. Was it selfish of her to want to be included in it? To be a part of that happiness.

When her brother started to go into one of his mumble fits she made her approach. With her bento already in hand she walked to them, and leaned up on the tree besides Bakugo.

"What's with him?" She asked with her mouth full.

"He just figured out what agency he's going to... I see you finally ditched the bandages." He noticed after looking up at her.

"My contacts came in. You're lucky the damage was slight and fixable through corrective wear." She smirked at him and he grunted and lifted his right hand up, cracking the knuckles.

"You're lucky you only slightly broken my arm in five places." He retorted.

"Touche'"

"Hmmm?" Izuku finally noticed her and looked up. "Oh Izumi! Weren't you going to have lunch with Tetsutetsu?"

"Cafeteria is too crowded, and anyway I made my own lunch." She pointed out and opened her mouth popping a rolled egg inside it.

"Why the hell are you here?" Bakugo grunted. "This is mine and Deku's spot. The only reason I had you sit with me before is to keep up appearances. You're an eyesore."

"Kacchan, you don't have to say it like that." Izuku scolded.

"No, that's fair." She came around the tree and crouched down. Still munching on food she stared Bakugo in the eyes, making him fidget. "I haven't exactly been nice to you since I doffed the Deku disguise have I, Bakugo?"

"Tch, you've been acting more like yourself then you've ever had. Frankly, the whole goody two shoes personality is creepy." He admitted.

"That's true, Izuku told me you prefer it when I'm angry." Her eyes softened and Bakugo scooched back feeling weirded out.

"The hell are you doing? Why are you acting like this?"

"If I'm being honest, it's because Izuku and I have had this connection in our quirk. It's been easier for me to tap into his feelings and emotions and from the moment I walked up I could feel he's really happy around you Bakugo. You make him happy and I can't be angry at you for something like that."

Bakugo leaned into a blushing Izuku and grumbled. "I think your sister has flipped her lid."

"I'm serious." She held out a hand to him. "Truce?"