The symbol that binds us.

The moment Endeavor came home the atmosphere was heavy, and quiet. Dinner was served and while the table was plentiful with food and people, there was little to no sound, but for the clatter of dishes and the sound of people eating.

“Well this is pleasant…” Izumi murmured to Izuku who only nodded slowly between bites. Even her father was being unusually quiet which want like him at all. When Shoto asked for the salt by merely motioning with his fingers, it was the last straw. “Okay I've had enough!”

“Izumi…” All Might hissed her name between his teeth in warning.

“No I'm tired of tiptoeing around. I wanna know why we're her enjoying this delicious yet suffocating meal.”

“I see your manners haven't improved.” Endeavor said seeing his chopsticks down. 

“I see your people skills haven't either. This better not be a game you're playing because I can think of at least half a dozen things to make better use of my time and twice the amount of people I'd rather be spending time with than your ugly mug. So what the hell do you want old man?”

Izuku pushed his half empty bowl forward his face blue with stress.

“Thank you for the meal, please excuse me.” He started to get up but Izumi grabbed his head and shoved him back down. 

“How do you expect to marry her off when she acts like this?” Endeavor turned his eyes to All Might who was stuck in a horrified expression.

“Ah...well...that is...” All Might laughed nervously. “I suppose whoever is lucky enough to marry my Izumi in the future will have their hands full.”

Izumi grunted and mumbled something as she shoved food into her mouth. Shoto lifted his eyes briefly up at Izumi and then cast them downwards. 

“To avoid any further argument, I suggest you get to the point.” Shoto suggested to his father.

“A wise thought,” All Might laughed again and looked to Endeavor. “You said you had some questions.” 

“Hmph…” Endeavor crossed his arms. “You’re a failure at discipline. When we start her training that’ll be her first lesson.”  

“You could use a little discipline yourself,” she muttered. “I’m going to your agency to learn how to be a hero, not to learn manners.” 

“A pro hero knows when and when not to use a sharp tongue.” Endeavor grunts at her. “I’ll put a leash on you if I have to, but you’ll become accustomed to the rules and regulations of the field, and you will obey them. Is that clear?” 

“Whatever you said old timer…” She stuffed her mouth again. 

“Izumi…” Izuku scolded her gently. “He’s trying to be helpful, and you said it yourself his reputation speaks for itself.” 

“Tch,” She glared at her brother and clenched her chopsticks in hand. “Whose side are you on?” 

“Yours, as always, and I’m telling you this because I love you.” He took her shoulder. “Listen to him, he knows what he’s talking about, and this internship is too important for you to mess up because of your indifference.” 

“Mmmph…” she hated to admit it but Izuku had a point. Izumi set her bowl and silverware aside and  folded her hands in her lap. “Fine.” 

Endeavor watched the interaction and held his chin. So, he thought, the brother had some control over the temper. There was a deep seeded connection and bond here. As it should be since they were twins.