Rash Decision

Izumi didn’t like skipping class… but she knew she couldn’t risk it. There was something going on inside her and she needed to find out what it was. She debated going straight to her father, but he had a class to teach, and it didn’t seem fair to deny the others a lesson just because his daughter was having a nervous breakdown. 

She went straight to Recovery Girl. She sat cross legged on the bed as the youthful hero took tubes of blood for tests… and just from the look of it in the glass Recovery Girl was suspicious. 

“The color of this is all wrong.” She told Izumi examining the tube with a frown. 

“Looks like blood to me.” Izumi pouted starting at the liquid. 

“Just because it’s red, doesn’t make it blood. The color is far too light.” She set the tubes in storage container. “I’ll ship these down to the hospital for analysis. In the meantime you should go back to class before-” 

“I can’t!” Izumi hastily shook her head. “I can’t go back to class.” 

“I’m sure you’re fine, Izumi. If it was a virus or poison it would have killed you a long time ago. The doctor's in Hosu would have detected it as well.” Recovery Girl rationalized but Izumi shook her head again, more violently. 

“That’s not what I’m worried about. You don’t understand Recovery Girl, there’s something inside me… something I can’t control. I could feel it starting to snap when I was confronting Monoma.” She looked down at her hands. “It was as if… it was as if I was trying to pull something from him. It felt... intoxicating… addicting ike a drug.” 

Recovery Girl set the samples down again approaching her and looking in her eyes. 

“What...what is it?” Worried she might have dug her own grave Izumi swallowed hard. “Why are you looking at me like that?”

“Something has changed in you…” She said with a sigh. “Whatever this is, whatever is causing you to lose control, you fear it, and it’s that fear that’s gonna make you lose what control you have left of it.” She tapped Izumi's chin with the tip of her cane. “Listen to me Izumi. You need to find control again. Since your so reluctant to go to class it is best that you avoid fighting altogether. Not to mention keep a handle on that temper of yours.” 

“Yes, Ma’am…” 

“I’ll inform your father that you’re sick. You can go back to your dorm for the day. I'll let you know when I get the results.” She closed the case with the blood samples. “I suggest you study… there’s exams coming up and you don’t want to fall behind do you?”

“No, Ma’am… thank you.” She bowed. With her worries lessened she gathered her things and went back to the dorm.

~Hero Class~

Todoroki looked around for Izumi… but didn’t see her amongst the girls. Worried she might still be sulking somewhere alone he approached Uraraka.

“Hey have you seen Izumi?” 

“No, she wasn’t in the locker room, I haven’t seen her since lunch.” Uraraka told him.

Todoroki grit his teeth and looked over to Izuku standing next to Bakugo. Izuku was fretful and Bakugo just annoyed. 

“She’s not here.” He told Izuku.  

“She’s not the type of person to miss a class for no reason. That incident with the copy cat must have triggered something.” Bakugo explained aloud. 

“We should tell your dad, if she’s gone missing she could be-” 

“She’s fine.”  Jiro explained coming out. “I went back to the classroom to grab my phone during lunch. I saw her go into Recovery Girl’s office, which probably means she’s not feeling well. Who could blame her after that mess?”