No Mercy

Author’s Note:  I’ve included the Epilogue chapter. I was originally thinking of separating it into two but didn’t like the broken flow.… So Enjoy the conclusion to He’s the Hero! 

Her face was everywhere. The footage from the news cameras had caught the entire fight, and was the primary evidence in the case that she’d used her quirk to kill another person… mindful a monstrous villain… but a person nonetheless.

She wasn’t getting out of this with a slap on the wrist like she did in Hosu. Yet… somehow… Izumi didn’t care. She sat in the hospital room, separated from her brother and father as she was questioned by police, and lectured by the chief, as well as the head of the Heroics Committee. 

“I hope you understand how harsh of a crime you’ve committed, Miss Midoriya. Even if your father is All Might, I can’t just let you off with a warning.”  The Heroics committee head told her standing in front with his stark gray hair, and solid black eyes. 

“I understand… I’m more than ready to accept the consequences of my actions, sir.” She told him numbly, her hands clasped in her lap, her minor wounds bandaged and hair disheveled. 

“Right… the committee will deliberate and discuss your case. First things first you’ll need to address the press. You will give a formal apology… I’ll have the Chief of Police here write you up a speech.” 

“A speech?” She glanced up briefly. “What for?” 

“We don’t want you going up there and just saying whatever comes to mind. Formal speech is better and keeps the media from making any negative comments about heroes in general.” 

Image, Izumi thought with a sneer. It was starting already… she was being shoved down, pointed at, shunned from the light. Well that was just fine. 

“Fine.” She repeated aloud. “I’ll read the stupid speech… can I see my brother?” 

“No. Your brother is in intensive care with several broken bones and a bad concussion. It’s amazing he was even able to walk after the beating he received. It’s best you let him rest. Worry more about yourself and how you’ll approach the press conference tomorrow.” 

“You’re writing my speech for me, what else is there to prepare for?” She said irritably and clutched her locket" wishing she could see Izuku. The moment she’d snapped out of her haze the connection had vanished again. She couldn’t feel him and it made her chest ache to know there was a huge wall separating them now… that wall being society.

“The press will be asking questions as well. Your father will be there for support and to help you through anything, but you may want to think of responses while you are resting.” He told her and looked down at his watch. “Speaking of which I need to go make a few statements of my own. Chief…” he nodded his head to the others in the room and exited.

When Izumi thought she’d have a minute alone she walked to the cell phone use area in the hospital, and noticed the armed guards following her.

So… they were keeping an eye on her to make sure she didn’t self destruct again. 

“Figures… not 24 hours later and I’m already being treated like a criminal.” She sighed and sat on the couch pulling her legs to her chest. “Rightfully so.” 

She had to borrow a phone since she’d broken hers… and had to take a deep breath before dialing Todoroki’s phone number. She didn't know how her boyfriend would react to all this...but she needed to hear his voice. 

“Hello?”  His voice spoke a little irritably on the other end and very nearly made her smile. She could already feel the tears of relief spill from her eyes