Business as Usual

"Damn it dad..." Izumi grumbled into the phone. "I just panicked, it was just a stupid nightmare." Restless, Izumi had wandered to the phone area to return her missed calls, and was thankful she was alone in the empty space. For the past day and a half she'd been smothered with attention and affection from her brother and boyfriend, and it was starting to get irritating.

"That's not what your brother is telling me. It's not like you to break down and cry like that Izumi. I want to make sure you're well taken care of. I've almost finished with my paperwork and when I do I'm heading to Hosu immediately." All Might said firmly even as his hand busied with the papers in front of him.

"Izuku exaggerates, and besides it's not like him and Todoroki have been giving me any chance to breathe since it happened." She clenched the phone in hand and stared down at the other. She couldn't quite pinpoint it, but something inside her was different... and the thought of it frightened her. "Dad... I really don't want you to come."

"Tough cookies, young lady, I'm going. I'll see you soon." He hung up before she had the chance to argue and she cursed hanging up. She scowled through her other missed calls. The bulk of them were from her dad, and grandfather... and there were a ton of missed calls and text messages from Tetsutetsu who'd seen the news and was apparently freaked out. She sent him a text to let him know she was okay... and he'd been blowing up her phone with questions ever since.

"So annoying." She started deleting them in bulk... growling between her teeth as he sent new ones to replace them. "Really FUCKING annoying." 

"There you are..." Todoroki's voice spoke from behind her and her temple throbbed. "Izuku and I went to the cafeteria for food and you up and vanished. You have him frantically searching the halls."

"I think he's more freaked about this thing than I am." Izumi pocketed her phone and turned around. Though she knew it was bitchy, her tone snapped with annoyance. "I wanted a walk. Is that a crime?"

"No, but seeing as your connection hasn't been working since that night, you should have left a note." He gently brushed her bangs from her face. "He's just protective. You'd be the same in his position."

"Tch, not as coddling." She crossed her arms and averted her eyes from looking at him directly.

"No, you'd be the scolding type." He cupped her cheeks and bent his head down to press a soft kiss to her lips. She flustered and looked around, thankful they were alone.

"Baka, what are you thinking doing stuff like that in public?"

"I'm thinking I'm just glad you're back to normal." He stroked her cheek smiling, and had her blushing bright red. "I've seen you cry before... but never like this. I'm worried about you."

"Shoto..." She indulged him a little and leaned into his hand. She couldn't really blame him. The entire event of her supposed nightmare had shaken her entire being. She'd never felt so broken, and helpless, not even when she'd been quirkless. Taking a deep breath to calm herself she stepped into his arms and let him hold her. "I'm sorry for worrying you."

"Just try not to do it often." He kissed her forehead and held her close. Izuku chose that tender moment to suddenly appear gasping for breath from having run all over the hospital.

"There you are! Oh man I've been looking everywhere for you!" He ran to his sister, pulling her from Todoroki to hug her tightly. This made her grunt in complaint. "Are you in any pain? Can you make it back to your room? I've got you some food, and I snuck a soda from a vending machine. I'm sure just one will be alright... but you should drink it slowly, that way if you start to feel bad-"