Tainted Blood

The limo pulled in front of the dorm building first thing Monday morning, and both Izumi and Shoto exited and waved the driver goodbye. They'd spent the last days of their internship soaking up every second they could, and Izumi was glad that Shoto had found the right balance between being attentive, and being suffocating. He made sure she didn't overdo in her training, while also giving her the freedom to choose how far to push her body.

“I wonder how the others faired in their internships.” Todoroki wondered aloud as they walked up to the gate, hand in hand.

“I can tell you my brother flourished. He and Valkyrie really are a good match. Bakugo on the other hand, from what Izuku tells me, clashed constantly with Best Jeanist… but I expected that.” She let out a little laugh. “I didn’t hear much about the others… but Tetsutetsu told me he and Kirishima were doing well. Fourth Kind is strict but it's the good kind of strict. They apparently learned a lot even though it's not the kind of work they expected.”

“I thought you said he was annoying you. Why are you still talking to him?” Shoto grunted and stopped to frown at her.

“He was when I was feeling suffocated.” She turned towards him, her brow raising at the annoyed look in his eyes.  “He apologized for annoying me, you don’t have to be upset.” 

“Apologizing is hardly cause for just letting it go. If he’s bothering you, you should ignore him completely.” 

“You were worried too so you can hardly blame him.” Izumi pointed out. “I can forgive you, but not forgive him? That doesn’t sound right.” 

“It’s different…” He grunted and pulled his hand away to stuff them in his pockets and ball his fists. “Did you tell him we're dating?”

Ah, Izumi thought with a small smile… so that’s what this was about. 

“I forgot to… but I'll tell him when we get to school.”

“Be sure that you do, I don’t-” he drifted off, when he saw her playful smile. It occurred to him how he sounded, and he immediately lowered his head, his bangs covering his eyes. “Never mind.” 

“Shoto…” She laughed a bit “This is a very interesting side to you. I haven’t seen you act all jealous and disgruntled like this since the tournament.” 

He made a sound of embarrassment and started walking ahead of her. She jogged up behind him and hugged him from behind laying her cheek on his back. 

“I’ll tell him…” She spoke softly, soothing the feathers she ruffled. “He’s a good friend, but you’re the one I want to be with.” 

Shoto felt his cheeks flush… he was going red from both embarrassment and happiness at her declaration. They’d only been together for a week, and he’d only known her for a few months… but in that brief period of time he’d experienced more positive emotion than in his entire childhood.  

He pulled her hands from around him only to turn around and grab hold of her. What was she doing to him? What were these erratic feelings he was experiencing when being with her? He felt so happy, and yet when they were apart, he felt lonely and numbed from the world.

“Izumi…” He held onto her tightly and Izmi fidgeted and flushed at the intimate contact of their bodies. 

“Shoto… I need to run inside and put my stuff in my room.” She tried to wiggle free but he just held on tighter. 

“I’m going to put in a request for the dorms.” He told her and had her stopping and looking up at him. 

“Huh?”