Aziraphale One Shot

Being an Angel you have to follow the rules. But you were in love with an Angel that lived on Earth... That was a whole other story. Aziraphale, an Angel that has been on Earth since the dawn of time. He was there to keep certain events in check. But you, you had to stay in Heaven and do your meaningless job for the rest of the Angels. Sometimes you get a break and travel to Earth to see Aziraphale. Which pleased him tremendously. 

He was a kind soul but never understood why you always saw him. Aziraphale didn't complain because he enjoyed the company, but he was too innocent to understand. Now, most Angel didn't catch feelings for other beings, but you were built differently. Your job was to organize and sort through humans and set up couples. Those orders then get passed down to cupids that carry out the plans. But Adam and Eve was a plan for Aziraphale to carry out. That was when you first met him. God had made you with a sense of romance which made you feel passion. Feeling this made you want more. You longed for the touch of Aziraphale's hand on your body. 

And you weren't quite sure why Aziraphale was the one you wanted. You always thought you'd go after someone with power, like Gabriel. But Aziraphale... there was just something about him. His quirkiness and innocence were cute along with his quiet little voice. Maybe it was his adorable smile that made you fall for him. 

Popping into Aziraphale's book shop, you smiled when you heard his voice. 

"Good morning, is there anything I can you with?" He called from behind a bookshelf. 

Aziraphale enjoyed books so he made his favorite thing his hideout. 

"It's just me, Aziraphale," you called back with a little grin. 

"Oh, hello, (Y/N). It is so good to see you, dear. See I've been thinking about you..." he suddenly trailed off. 

Your face lit up, hoping for something wonderful. "You've been thinking about me?" 

He dusted himself off as he came from behind the bookshelf and closer to you. "Well, yes, of course. Why wouldn't I think of you?" 

You sighed, looking down at your hand before looking into Aziraphale's wondrous eyes. "What were you thinking of, if I may ask?" 

"I was at this little place having some diner and it made me think of you. The crapes there were lovely and sweet. Made me picture your smile and your eyes," Aziraphale replied with an innocent smile. 

You were sure what to say. His words sounded like he wanted you, but you were sure he didn't. "Aziraphale, I'm not sure what to say to that..." 

The Angel cleared his throat, looking everywhere but at you. "I was thinking that I could take you there. To try the crapes. Crowley suggested I should." 

Your heart pounded and jumped with joy until you heard that demon's name, Crowley. "Why would Crowley tell you to take me out?" 

"He made me understand something that I would never see on my own."

"What are you saying, Aziraphale?" I questioned, smiling because you could see where this was going. 

His words got stuck, causing him to stutter. "(Y/N), all these years. Since the day we met. You know, when you set me to carry out orders. I thought that we were just friends. Angels are not meant to have feelings, but I have feelings for you. It took me a long, long time to see that. But Crowley made it clear that without you, I wouldn't have something to look forward to. I enjoy it when you visit Earth for me. And I hope to convince you to stay one day." 

Your jaw dropped. Picking it up, your eyes began to water. "Oh, Aziraphale! I've dreamt of this day. I'd love to stay with you." 

Jumping into his arms, Aziraphale spun you around before kissing you lightly on the lips. The two of you froze and stared into each other's eyes before kissing each other deeply.