Jealous of Nothing

"Michael, you're getting a phone call, Dear," you called from the bathroom, where you were getting ready for the day. Picking up his phone, you took a look at the caller. It was a young lady calling and you've never seen her picture before. 

Michael came into the bathroom and smiled, taking his phone. "Thanks, Love," he said, kissing your cheek. 

You watched him answer the phone and leave to go to a different room. Being curious, you followed close behind. He was talking to a girl, obviously, but who was she? Michael was very sneaky like talking to this lady. And that in itself made you jealous. Why was your darling love trying to hide this woman from you? 

You decided to repress your feelings and go back downstairs. Feeling slightly upset you began to make sweet treats so you can sulk later. Michael stomped down the stairs and into the kitchen, where you were. You said nothing, but Michael groaned heavily. 

"That was work. I have to meet up with a few colleagues later to discuss a screenplay," Michael informed you. "At the pub down the road." 

You gave a nod and a faint smile. 

Michael cocked his head a bit, sensing something is wrong, but he is a man and couldn't put his finger quite on the issue. "Are you okay, Love?" 

You just nodded. 

"Darling, if something is upsetting you... You can tell me," he said, trying to figure out what was wrong with you. 

"Nothing is wrong," you huffed, clearing your throat. 

Michael squinted his eyes a bit, not sure if he should believe you or not. "Well, I am going to get ready for tonight." Michael went over to you, to kiss you, but you pulled away. He gave a nervous chuckle. "I'll see you later then." 

As soon as he was gone upstairs, you broke down. The fear of every possible thing was running through your head. Scared he was cheating or planning to leave you. The question was... why were you so scared? You didn't want to lose Michael, you loved him too much. The two of you have been together for years. Though you weren't married, which meant you could lose each other at any given time. And there normally is no warning to those things. 

You dried your eyes and turned your back when Michael came back down. He said goodbye and said that he loved you before leaving the house. Taking a deep breath you knew what to do. It was getting late and the sun was going down, so you ran upstairs and changed into black clothes. Putting a jacket on, you snuck out of the house. Following Michael as if you were his personal stalker. 

He seemed like he was filled with joy. Which made you sure he was cheating. Why else would a man be so happy? You followed him to a pub, slightly relieved he didn't lie about that. But he wasn't meeting with a few colleagues. You felt your heart break with he was really meeting that lady from the phone. It began hard to breathe as you watch them hug and sit at a center table. It was like he wasn't afraid that everyone knew he was a cheater. 

You sat at a table close to the doors to watch. The lady looked like she was enjoying her night and Michael was the cause of that. You wanted to run away and cry. But you also wanted to confront him. The anger inside you boiled your blood. Making a rash decision you went up to the bar and asked for a water. The bartender gave you a nod and handed you what you asked for.

Taking a deep breath and made your way over to Michael. You tapped his shoulder and he looked up at you with bright blue eyes.

Michael smiled. "My love," he said before looking back at the lady. Then looked back at you with wide. "My love? What are you doing here?"

You didn't say a word and tossed the cold water in your glass at him. Michael wiped the water from his face with both hands.

"What was that for?" He huffed, but not angry.

You cleared your throat. "Um, I don't know... maybe because you're sitting here with your mistress!"

Michael and the lady looked at each other and laughed.

"My love," Michael started. "I'm here with Julie because she made me a ring so I can propose to you." Julie handed a small box to Michael. "But since you're here..." Michael pushed his chair away and got down on one knee. "Y/F/N Y/L/N, will you do me the honors of making me the happiest man alive and be my wife?"

You covered your mouth. "Even after I asscused you of cheating? And tossed water on you?"

Michael grinned. "Especially, after that my baby girl."

"Yes," you huffed, pulling Michael to his feet so you could wrap yourself around him. "I'd love to marry you!!"

Michael twirled you around. "Let's go home, my darling."

You kissed him deeply before letting go. Then you took his hand, admiring the stunning ring he put on your finger.