κεφάλαιο τέσσερα

//chapter four//

After feeling like I had made the right decision I book it

quickly zipping up my bag and dashing out the front door.

It was dark out and most people were at the dinner meaning only four to five people were patrolling the area I needed to leave from.

Once I felt like I was to the rim of the pack exit I used my ears and nose to guide me to the way out. you learn more and more about how they patrol when you cook, especially in the morning when they're talking loudly amongst themselves.

tonight there was north, south, east, and west guarded post on other nights there would normally be more but for nights like this, they put the strongest unmated warriors on the front line. the only way to get past them was to cause a noise hoping that will get them away to investigate and me enough time to slip through the borderlines and on my journey to becoming a lone wolf. The very last thing they would expect is someone seeking out of the pack instead of in. right?

I look around to see what I could use as a distraction

a stick or a rock

unless the stick snaps in the possession of it being thrown it would be considered just a falling stick which happens way too often, Now if the rock was thrown there is a possibility that it could land on a branch giving it the illusion that someone is creeping in the woods something you would need to investigate.

Right?

picking up the rock I rubbed it on me so there would be a somewhat smell coming from the opposite direction. Then I look into the clearing to see where he was then also back into the woods to find a spot

fuck it

I quickly threw the rock over to a spot I saw with a ton of sticks. this made him look to that exact spot.

"Whos there, Show yourself," He said. when he realized that no one was coming out he took one more good look around before walking into that area. when he got somewhat close I took this as my opportunity to run my hardest for the border "Hey you stop!" I heard him say as his feet hit the forest floors we both knew it was too late because I was already over the line. Turning around I looked back at him and he did the same to me his eyes then go sliver indicating that he was mind linking someone.

my backpack was starting to slide off a bit so I pulled it up as I started to walk away from my old pack "You know" the man started to yell "You can come back and the consequences won't be as harsh, you don't know a thing about being a lone wolf you'll die."

"I'll take my chances" I yelled back before walking further into the distance

10 Hours Later

I reach my fifth clearing and had officially become tired, heck I wasn't even sure where I was but let's hope this is a good place to rest. So I take out my blanket and jacket and find a somewhat clear area on the forest floor. my jacket rolled up to be a comfortable pillow for the time being.

I quickly shut my eye after double-checking for any danger

not long after I shut my eye I heard multiple paws hit the forest ground. this made me jump up and start packing my stuff. I was sure this was a no-mans-land I thought as I zipped up my bag and started heading the opposite way. I guess this gave them an indication that I was on the run so they pushed to run faster. just as I thought I had outrun them a light brown wolf jumped in front of me and started to growl.

turning around I see a brunch of the same color brown wolves growling at me

one v.s. five

how the hell is that fair,

I would have thought they were rogue but inside I knew otherwise. one of the brown wolves runs behind a tree and the others followed. I watched the tree where the first wolf walk behind

when done a deep dark skin girl with kinky/curly short black hair walked towards me her pure hazel eyes keep a close watch on me. She was gorgeous I'd never seen someone's skin so flawless. Following behind her was another girl and three more guys. the other girl had long straight red hair surrounding her fair skin with a brown and a blue eye, as well as a full face of freckles. two of the guys looked exactly alike from their olive skin to their facial features but the only thing to tell them apart was their eyes, one with grey and one with more of an aquamarine. The last guy had Honey like skin off the bat I could tell had he was mixed with two different skin types but kept most of his melanin features, his blackish brownish hair had long tight curls that looked hard to maintain but his eyes were green.

Probably weird of me to notice but all of their eyes for some reason were unique but complimented their complexion well.

"We didn't expect you to put on a chase, so sorry about that," the first girl said plastering a smile on her face. I decided to stay quiet not wanting to say or do the wrong thing, I could feel they were powerful people and could most likely end me in one go. "I'm Ebony by the way Ebony Petra. This..." she points to the girl with the red hair " is Sadie Bell" then she points to the twins " The one with the gray eyes is Ian Wyatt and the other one is Matthew and lastly that is Robin Hrod- whatever the heck"

"Hrodwulf" he corrected

"Yeah, whatever. we are the moon guardians, I felt you miles away and could tell you are of importance to us"

"I'm not important trust me just a girl walking in the woods" I responded struggling with my shoulders

"trust us you are," Robin said quickly "You see the moon guardians are to consist of six people and we have been looking for years for our last member when she felt you we all did and could tell that you are one of us"

Goddess these people are crazy "That makes no sense I have no wolf-"

"The moon-goddess never lies, your one of us" Sadie responded fastly "as to why your wolf is dormant we don't know but the quicker you come with us the better we travel in a group and if someone finds out you are a guardian your as good as dead without the proper training"

♡edited♡