κεφάλαιο δώδεκα

//Chapter twelve//

the drive into the main part of the kingdom wasn't long we had to cross and pretty lengthy bridge that overlapped a gorgeous body of water but other than that we got there pretty quickly

I was glad when the car stopped and we were all able to jump out. you could really tell that everyone was on guard I don't know much about wolves or other pack traditions but I read once that if another wolf challenges a luna and that wolf wins they get the lunas place maybe it's something like that I don't know I just know that everyone is super upset and this 'last guardian' is taking a big toll on everyone.

we all unpack the SUV and slowly make our way up to the entrance when more men in black started to open the grand doors and boy when I say it smells amazing in here. I start to hear everyone chuckle

"oops I said that out loud sorry"

"It smells like an old mans fart"

"Sadie"

"Sorry," she said setting her bag down in the middle of the hall with everyone else's bags.

"ok everyone gets close" Ian sighed "I guess our true first mission is to take this ' other guardian" down it's obvious that it's full of bull shit and we all know it man come on"

"I'm with you that's super strange, but" Ebony started making everyone's head snap her way "Before we call her or him on their bs we as the guardians have to request to meet them then hear the king out maybe he means that he wanted to add a seventh person why I don't know, but the beta said somehow the king is always right"

"Until now"

"Sadie" everyone whispered

Ian continuously starts to hit his head with his fist "Dear goddess work with us, if we can't fully prove that Aliyah is the last moon guardian and this imposter is more of a moon guardian than her then not only will he kill her it will weaken the group"

"hold up hold up since when was this a thing" robin interrupted

"It's always been a thing we are all one basically and so when one of us dies or leaves the group depending on how important they are  we either A)lose our powers or B) our wolves weaken."

"Why do you think every mission we stress how important it is for everyone to be in sync"

what Matthew just said had everyone thinking. I mean we all know that Im the last guardian but the king won't feel it as strong as they do. this entire situation is riding on evidence and all we have is that they felt the connection and without my wolf, it's hard to show I'm one of them.

"your wolves"

ian's head snapped to me "what was that Aliyah"

"well the day I first saw you guys you were in your wolves"

"and?"

"well they all complimented each other with different shades of brown with the same eye color to be exact I know I don't have my wolf yet but if you have this new guardian to shift maybe that could prove something"

"you are amazing Aliyah I forgot we had the same wolves fully brown wolves are very rare and only come around when your apart of the guardians which has what been the same for the last one thousand years," Sadie said excitedly "let us prove this king wrong"

"give it some time Sadie we need to hear the king out first and then we will make an offer that we have a way to prove that they aren't a part of us" ian stated you could tell his entire mood had changed to feeling a little more confident about the situation.

just as we had finished talking I start to hear laughter coming down the steps the closer the sound got the better I could hear that it was two people

a male and a female

I could tell way before they got to us that the male had a super-strong present and smelled amazing. as for the female well something completely off but my senses never truly focused on her they focused on the male and his creosote and Sampaguita scent a plant and a bush I didn't know smelt good together had suddenly went together so beautifully. Now that I think about it, it was identical to how It smelt the lobby when we first walked in.

the footsteps soon got louder and louder as well as their laughter

what's so funny

"oh alpha McIntyre you are so funny I didn't know that a king could have such an amazing personality"

"who the heck is that and why are they kissing the kings ass," Sadie said scrunching her nose "You can practically smell the ass-kissing that's probably what smells like an old fart" soon we were able to see the products of all of the laughter the male and the product of the wonderful smell was handsome in his own way his rare hazel eyes were the first thing I caught something that isn't common in wolves unless they are of power and then it hit me.

you have to be joking me

♡edited♡