1 ~ I'm used to it

In this chapter I'm kinda laying out your life and your connection to Draco. After this the story will really start, following the original cartoon of Snow White!

-

'Watch out.' Draco grinned as he pulled you aside.

You almost bumped into a child on the road. You and Draco left Hogwarts about a year ago and had been living in the city of london ever since.

He had always been a great friend of yours. Since day one at Hogwarts you enjoyed spending time together.

You lived with your step mother in the manor that was right at the centre. Your stepmum had been the most influencial person in all of London. She took all the manor decisions and everyone knew that she was the boss of the town. London was almost like a kindom to her.

Although she was a great influence she didnt let you have any of it. She let your work as a maiden around the manor ever since you got home.. but you were used to that.

There was something about her. She had a magic mirror. She enchanted it herself. Seeing she went to Hogwarts too, magic wasnt a problem.

You had no idea what it did. The mirror. All you knew was that she looked at it every day since you were born. You were never allowed near it.

'Has she been better?' Draco asked. 'Your stepmum.'

You looked at him. Draco knew what you had to do at home. You always told him everything.

'Still the same.' You sighed. 'But that's fine. I got the animals.'

One thing you got from your mother was the fact that you could talk to animals. It wasnt very common but it happened in certain witches en wizards. You always saw it as a great talent and connection to your mum.

Draco was the only one from the village that could visit you from time to time. He was only allowed in after you were done with all your work, which was right now.

You took him into the garden of the manor. Your favourite part was the well. You always around that well with the little free time you had. Mostly because the birds were there.

You didnt know if it was worrying that at home birds were one of your closest friends besides Draco. It probably was.

'Y/N.'

You turned around. Your step mother ran her passed the stairs that lead towards the well. She looked at it and raised her brows.

'Are you done cleaning?' She asked.

'Yes ma'am.' You said.

She looked at your with a piercing look. She was always cold towards you but you tried to stay friendly to everyone.

'Alright.' She said.

She slowly turned around and walked back inside. You sighed and leaned against the well. Draco looked at you.

'One day Itll be better. I believe that.' he said.

Draco always tried to cheer you up. At Hogwarts you had been much more cheerful. Mostly because you could truly be you. Study, have a life.. not clean all day.

'I dont get what my father ever saw in her.. but you wanted him to be happy.'

He took great care of you after you mum died. You missed her from time to time. Althought you didnt remember much.. you knew she was probably better than her.

'I love how you're always happy and positive. Even here.'

'Im used to it.' You shrugged.

You turned to the well and looked down in it. A little bird made its way to your shoulder.

'Hi.' You smiled.

Draco watched you as the bird started chriping to you. You grinned and looked at Draco.

'Maybe if you ask him.' You grinned.

The bird turned his little head to Draco.

'You want me to ask it? What do you say?'

The bird tweeted at you.

'Thank you.' You laughed. 'This little fella here was wondering if you have room in your garden for a bird family.'

Draco grinned.

'We have a lot of plants. I'm sure there's a spot for you.'

The bird let out a happy tweet before leaving. You laughed.

'She thanked you.'

You and Draco spend the rest of your time chatting until it was time for you to go back to work around the house.

'Ill see you tomorrow, alright?' You smiled.

Draco gave you a hug and you hugged him back.

'Stay strong. Ill see you soon.'

Draco went back home. You took a deep breath and took all of your cleaning supplies into the manor.

It was tiring to work all day but you did amything you could to help. Every spare second you had left you could enjoy the view of the city from your room.

You headed towards the stairs case. One was leading down and the other was leading up. Your basement was forbidden for you. You never knew why. It just was.

You headed up the stairs and put all your supplies away in the supply closet. You headed into your room and closed the door. You took off your shoes and sat down in the window sill.

One day you would leave the manor. Find a nice guy, live together, have a family. That was your dream. You just had to keep being kind and do what you were told. That way you would get there.

You soundly heard a chirp. You turned your head to see another little bird on your knee. You looked at it. Before you knew it she flew away onto the one of the wooden beams that supported the ceiling.

Even the little bird had a family. One day that was going to be you and you would be just as good as your mum was...