5 ~ my biggest pride

'Why are you bringing me?' You asked Corban.

Corban suddenly showed up at your house today. He said your stepmother asked him to bring you to pick flowers at for the house.

You usually always went to the forest alone. You didnt know why Corban suddenly had to join. You never even spoke to him. If you went with someone it was always Draco.

'Because a wolf was sighted there recently. Your stepmother wanted to make sure you're okay.'

Corban was holding a bag with something in it. You werent allowed to bring your wand he said. That was a shame. You could let the flower grow more pretty. Now they weren't going to be as pretty as usual.

'Why couldn't I bring my wand? She always asks me to grow the flowers a bit. That way they suit the house better.'

'I dont know. Just doing what she asked me to do.'

You arrived at the forest. You already saw some beautiful flowers. It was already getting late. The sun was almost setting. It made the forest look magical. You sat down on the ground. Next to the flowers and started picking them.

It didnt take long before a little bird appeared. You looked up. She sat down on your shoulder. It seemed upset.

'Hello there! What’s the matter? Where are your mama and papa? Why, I believe you are lost.'

Corban stared at you. He killed worse people. Why not kill you? Why couldnt he do it? Why did he let Draco bribe him?

The bird chirped at you. You were right. She was upset. You immediately stopped picking flowers and gave all your attention to the tiny bird.

'Oh, please dont cry.'

Corban looked around. There was no one there. Your stepmothers plan was flawless. She was a clever killer. It was truly magnificent.

'Come on, perk up. Won't you smile for me?' You smiled while grabbing the bird of your shoulder. You smiled at it.

'That's better. Your mum and dad cant be far.'

You looked around. Maybe the parents were still around somewhere. You smiled as you saw two birds approach you.

'There they are! Can you fly? Good-bye. Good-bye!' You smiled.

Corban aimed his wand at you. His hand shaking. You felt something was wrong. You turned around and saw Corban with his wand pointed at you, Draco walking up behind him. You let out a scream.

Corban laughed as he lowered his wand. He put it in his pocket. He turned around to look at Draco we stood there in shock.

'Bet you guys thought I was going to do it.'

'That's not a funny joke.' Draco hissed.

'Oh come on. It was a little funny.' Corban said while turning to him.

You had no idea what was going on. You stared at the boys, hoping one of them would explain.

'No she was terrified. That's not funny.' Draco sighed.

'It is.'

'Corban, it's not funn-'

'Guys.. I dont understand.' You said.

Corban stared into the distance. At the near by located farms. Draco walked over to you. He first handed a fancy box to Corban before sitting down besides you.

'She’s mad, jealous of you! She’ll stop at nothing! She wants you dead.' Draco spoke.

You had no idea what he was talking about.

'I didnt trust it. Corban meeting her. I didnt. I followed them and I heard her plans. She wants you dead and she wants your heart as proof. She order Corban to do it but we teamed up to make sure that wouldnt happen.'

Was he.. saving your life? Draco? You gave him a hug. Draco smiled and hugged you back. Draco noticed your breath was shivering.

Someone was trying to kill you. That thought terrified you. You didnt want to die. You wanted to enjoy life, travel, find a husband..

'Its okay. You have to run. We will kill one of the pigs and put that heart in the box.'

'But.. who is it?' You asked.

You slowly let Draco go. Draco looked at the floor.. as if he didnt want to say it.

'Draco?'

He looked up at you.

'Your step mother.'

You looked at him in shock. You knew she hated you but now she wanted you dead?! What was this nonsense..

Draco grabbed your face and he forced you to look at him. His eyes calmed you. You grabbed his wrist with your shaking hand and laid your forehead against his.

'What am I supposed to do?! I dont have my wand..' you said.

'You have to go. You have to run and hide in the forest, never return.'

'In the forest?!' You asked in shock.

'I'll find you. Y/N, I promise I'll find you.'

'I cant possibly survive out there! I cant.' You choked.

'I'll find you. I'll bring you food and water. You just need to run. As far as you can.'

Draco slowly let you go. He helped you up. You stared into the forest. The forest never really had a path. It was just a packed, dark forest. That thought scared you.

'Go Y/N, please.'

'Thank you.'

'Dont mention it.'

You gave Draco a kiss on his cheek before running into the forest. It didnt take long before it got dark all around you. Tree branches scratched past you, pulling at your dress.

You heard screeching all around you. You had no idea where to go or where to look. You turned your head back forwards and screamed as you almost ran into an owl who lived there.

Your dress was the next thing. It got stuck at a branch, causing you to fall straight into a thorny bush. You screamed in pain as you quickly pulled yourself back onto your feet. You started pulling the turns out of your arms and legs before you continued running.

'Help!' You tried as the darkness over took you.

Unable to see you tripped and fell to the ground, sobbing..

-

'Corban.. I was beginning to worry.' Your stepmother grinned at him.

Corban entered your manor and handed your step mother the box with the pig heart. She had an evil smile while she opened the box. She looked at the heart and smirked.

'You've done well. You can go now.'

Corban left without hesitation. Not only to go home but to leave the city entirely. He had to before your stepmother found out.

She headed down to the basement and unlocked the door. She left a special place for your heart in her cupboard. Right at the top, in the centre.

'My biggest pride.' She grinned. 'Finally you're eliminated.' She laughed..