Chapter 5: Doctor's Visit

My eyes fluttered open. The ceiling light shining down on me blurred my vision. To avoid being blinded, I turned to the side and gently rubbed my eyes. Gaining refocus in my vision, my eyes darted to the IV stuck in my arm. Trailing the tube, my eyes landed on an almost empty packet hanging beside my bed. Before I had the chance to read the label, a voice startled me.

"Oh, hey, you're awake," Shoto said.

"Mmm... What happened? How long was I out?" I asked groggily.

"Surprisingly, only an hour. Once they hooked you up to the feeding tube, the color began to flush back into your face," he spoke.

"Eek!" I screeched. I really hate needles. "C-Can the IV come out now?" I stuttered back. Shoto grabbed my hand to calm me down, but his touch only made my heart beat faster.

"Wait until the nutritional packet is completely empty, deary," Recovery Girl commanded as she walked over to my bed. "Can you give us a minute, sweetie," she said to Shoto. He stood up, bowed, and walked to the door. There, I spotted a frustrated Kacchan leaning against the door frame, observing from a distance.

Recovery Girl turned back to me, "I've set up an assessment for you tomorrow. The doctor's office is a few train stops away." I felt my eyes haze over, beginning to panic a little. What will the doctor say? Is there something wrong with me? Sensing my fear, Recovery Girl spoke up, "The boys can go with you for support if you'd like."  Not taking my eyes off the needle in my arm, I shook my head slowly in approval.

"Boys!" She called to Shoto and Kacchan who were loitering in the halls outside my room. Perking up, both boys came shuffling over to Recovery Girl and I with intent looks in their eyes.

"Would you mind accompanying Miss L/N to her doctor's appointment tomorrow morning at 9am?" She spoke, "I can have Mr. Aizawa give you an excused absence if you are worried about missing class." Both boys shook their heads in unison.

But with a sudden outburst, Kacchan yelled, "Wait! No! Why does this loser have to go with her too! She's MY best friend!"

Not giving a shit, Recovery Girl said, "Alright then, Mr. Todoroki, would you mind accompanying Miss. L/N yourself?"

"O-Of course. Of course," Shoto stuttered out. Damn he looked so cute when he was nervous... wait what.

This only angered Kacchan more, "THATS NOT FAIR! TAKE IT BACK OLD LADY!"

"I've made my decision. Now, please, help Y/N back to her dorm room. She may be a little shaky and unstable. Have a good day," Recovery Girl said shooing is away.

Shoto helped me slide out of bed, but once my feet touched the floor, I felt my knees buckle beneath me. Before falling, each boy wrapped and arm around my waist, propping me upright to walk back to the dorms.

When we got back to the dorms, a few classmates rushed up to me to see how I was feeling. Damn it. They probably all know now.

"I'm glad to see you feeling better, but be careful not to overuse your quirk next time. All Might told us you passed out by keeping up a large force field too long," Izuku said worriedly.
Wow thanks. Nice save All Might. I owe you one.

"I know, I know. I'll be more careful. I don't want to worry you guys," I said, flashing a smile to all my friends. I'll tell them the truth eventually... I'm just... not ready yet.

"Get some rest Y/N. We'll see you tomorrow," Iida said, patting me on the shoulder.

After the group left, Kacchan stared at me and said, "As soon as you get out of the assessment tomorrow, call me and tell me what I need to know. Got it, punk?" He was looking at me dead in the eye. Wow, he was serious.

Giving him a small smile, in a little kid voice I said, "Okayyyyy Kac-Chan," and gave him a thumbs up. He pulled me in for a quick hug, glared at Shoto, then stormed off to his room.

I turned to Shoto, "Meet here at 8:20 tomorrow?" He shook his head in agreement.

As I was about to walk off to my room, Shoto grabbed my wrist, "Wait," he said abruptly as he spun me back around to face him. The next action he took surprised me most of all. He pulled me into a warm embrace. Tightening his hug, he stroked my hair and whispered in my ear, "Stay strong."

*Time jump to 8am the next morning*

Since we weren't going to class until after lunch, I decided to wear regular clothes instead of my uniform. Figuring it was still summer, I decided to slide on a cute floral sundress with spaghetti straps. The skirt came about mid thigh. It was short, but not slut short. It looked super cute on me, but it was clear how painfully thin and frail I appeared. Shaking the thoughts from my mind, I threw my hair up into a messy bun and slipped on a pair of sandals. Finishing off my look, I added mascara, an ankle bracelet, and my mother's delicate heart necklace. Before leaving the room, I made the quick decision to grab a drawstring bag and throw in a notebook and pencil in case I needed it.

At 8:20, I headed to the common room to see a casually dressed Shoto already waiting for me. He stood there with his hands in the pockets of shorts. And my I say... he looked HOT!

When he heard me walking over, he turned his head and his cheeks went pink.

He tilted his head at me and said, "You're really gorgeous, you know that right."

I responded with a smile, "Thanks. Not too bad yourself." I gave him a wink.

We walked to the train station and hopped on the 8:30. The doctor's office was 6 stops away. We sat down next to each other on the train. I started to feel a little jittery from the nerves. Honestly... I was pretty scared.

Shoto leaned over to me, "Hey, you alright?" He whispered.

In response, I face planted into his shoulder and let out a groan of frustration.

He gave off a low chuckle and held out his hand to me, "Would it make you feel better if you held my hand?" He didn't need to ask me twice! Silently, I took his hand in my, intertwining our fingers. We stayed like that the whole way there and made small talk to help distract me from my racing thoughts.

Twenty minutes later, we got off the train still hand in hand. After a short five minute walk, we entered the doors to the doctor's office.

Walking up to the main desk, the receptionist asked in a sweet voice, "First and last name, please."

"Uh, Y/N L/N," I replied.

"Okay, thank you. Please take a seat in the waiting room right over there. Dr. Walker will be with you shortly."

*A/N: Sorry this chapter is a bit boring, but the next one will be better. I promise :)