Chapter 12: Midnight Stroll

*Y/N POV*

"Hey, can we go for a walk?" I looked at Shoto with big puppy dog eyes.

"Right now?" He asked. "It's 11pm. You know that right."

"Yeah... but I like walks. They're... refreshing. And its where I do my best thinking," I stated bluntly.

"It's past curfew, Y/N," he warned. "I don't want you getting in any trouble."

"We won't be doing anything bad," I whined. "How about just a quick stroll to the beach and back?"

"Okay. Alright. Just a quick walk," Shoto agreed reluctantly.

"Ooh thank you thank you thank you. You won't regret this!" I whisper yelled.

"Ok Ok, but let's get you into some warmer clothes, missy," he chuckled. "These summer nights can get a little chilly."

I nodded my head in agreement. "Alright, let's go," he whispered.

Since I was still on his lap facing him, he grabbed my legs and stood up, holding me in his arms. I was practically wrapped around him like a koala to a tree. He weaved his legs around Kiri, careful not to wake him.

Just as he was turning to leave, I stopped him. "Wait. I NEED to get a picture of this," I said pointing to Kiri cuddling with Kacchan's leg.

He placed me back on the floor, and quickly slapped a hand over his mouth to muffle his laughs when he saw the two boys.

After I snapped a few pictures, I grabbed Shoto's hand and dragged him back to my room. I heard some giggling from behind me, but just rolled my eyes and smiled as we kept walking.

"Shoto, can you check the temperature for me?" I asked him while I was tearing apart my closet. I was getting a bit nervous. This walk was important to me. If I don't chicken out, I plan on telling him my true feelings.

"Uh, says 65," Shoto read off his phone. "Hm, surprisingly not too cold," I heard him mumble to himself.

Not wanting to make Shoto wait any longer, I grabbed a black floral romper. Now before you say this is no better than what I was already wearing, the romper has a high low skirt attached to it that trails all the way down to my ankles. This was the perfect outfit.

I ran to the bathroom and quickly changed. I threw my blonde hair up into a messy bun, letting my baby hairs hang down in front and I reapplied some mascara. Breathe. You got this, Y/N.

I walked out of the bathroom and Shoto looked up from his phone, "Wh-what woah Y/N. That's a nice outfit. Will you be warm enough?" he stammered out.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. This outfit does wonders for summer nights," I responded as I slipped on a pair of flip flops.

We left my room and headed downstairs. Sneaking out the front door, we were careful not to let anyone spot us.

*Ochaco's POV*

Y/N thought she was being sneaky, but I heard the front door open and I spotted the two of them slip out... HOLDING HANDS! Something is up... and I'm gonna find out.

Out of pure curiosity, I turned to Deku and hit his arm lightly, "Hey, we should go follow them," I whispered.

"Huh, what, why? What's going?" he spit out groggily.

"Y/N and Shoto just left," I said.

"Eh? Why? It's after curfew!" he exclaimed.

"That's what I want to find out," I smirked. "Now let's go!" I grabbed his hand and dragged him out the front door with me. Looking around, I spotted the two of them walking side by side, "There!" I pulled Deku along.

"WaHhHh!" he yelled.

"Shhhhhh, keep your voice down," I said holding a finger up to my lips.

About 15 minutes later, they approached the beach. I know what's happening here. The view was beautiful. The moon glistened across the rippling water. Y/N was hand in hand with Shoto. Her hair flowing in the wind from the slight breeze of the ocean.

We got closer and I quickly pushed Deku behind a bush with me to watch without them seeing us. He was so close to me. I could feel his hot breathe against my neck. It sent shivers down my spine. He must've thought I had a chill because he suddenly wrapped his arms around me from behind.

This just made my heart flutter even more. Eeeee

*Todoroki's POV*

I'm not sure why she brought me out here. But I can't complain. I felt so at peace with her. No one has ever made me feel this way. Before her, I was cold and unfriendly. My childhood ruined what little happiness I had. Then I met her. She lit up my soul. I found myself smiling more. I wasn't here to make friends, but somehow I now have more friends than I can ever ask for. And it was all because of her.

We sat down on the sand about three feet away from the edge of the water. I felt her hand placed lightly on top of mine. She was looking up at the stars, so I figured she didn't notice. I kept staring at her. Absorbing her features. The moonlight softly lit up her face. I didn't think she could get more beautiful, but she just did.

She turned to me and opened her mouth to speak, but noticed me already staring at her. Our eyes met. She went to speak again, but instead I decided to speak up, "You're beautiful Y/N."

She was caught speechless, so continued, "I have no idea how you feel about me and just by saying this... I could be ruining the friendship we have... but," I paused for a second, "I really like you. You're radiating personality has brought out another side of me I never thought I'd see again... and I'm extremely grateful for it." I turned away as tears brimmed my eyes. I couldn't show her I was crying.

I heard a light sniffle. I turned to see Y/N letting out a few soft sobs. Shit. Did I say something wrong? "I'm so sorry if I said something that offend- ," I started, but was cut off.

"No no no. Shoto..." she said. "I-I came here to tell you the same thing. I like you a lot, dummy," she let out a little giggle between tears. She continued, "You make me feel so powerful and motivated. And you're kindness kills any insecurities I have about myself."

She rested a hand on my cheek. With tears still welling from her eyes, she gave me a huge smile. Our faces were only inches apart now. My heat beat sped up. This was it. "C-Can I kiss you?" I asked. Her eyes shifted down, but quickly came back up, making contact with mine. Her blue eyes glistened in the night. She bit her bottom lip and nodded her head as a sign of consent.

Not wasting a second, I leaned forward and pressed our lips together. My heart skipped a beat. Our lips moved in sync. Our kisses were soft and passionate. I put a hand on her waist, pulling her body closer to mine. She jolted a bit at my sudden touch, but immediately her body melted into mine. She ran her fingers through my hair as she pressed her lips harder against mine. Fuck Y/N. What are you doing to me?

We slowly pulled away, smiling like idiots. Our faces still inches apart, she slowly traced her hand back down to my cheek and gave me one more peck on the lips before saying, "Have I ever told you how fucking attractive you are, Shoto?"

"YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeYES!" We heard someone shout from behind us. Our heads both snapped in the direction of the sound. Uraraka.

She ran over to us with Midoriya hesitantly dragging behind her. "Yes yes yes. I knew it! You guys are so adorable together!"

Together. "Wait Y/N, does this mean we're..." my voice trailed off.

"I think it does," she smirked at me and placed a gentle kiss on my cheek. "Boyfriend and girlfriend?"

I instinctively grabbed her hand and intertwined our fingers. "Fine by me," I said softly, not wanting to take my eyes off her.

"Guys, we should probably head back now before someone finds out we're gone," Uraraka said nervously, shaking me from my fixation on Y/N. "It's midnight now. Wayyyyy past curfew."

Nodding in agreement, the four of us headed back to the dorms. I walked Y/N back to her room and gave her a quick good night kiss.

Girlfriend, huh? Thank you midnight stroll.

*A/N: Oooooh bf gf status!