Chapter 16: Dabi

"You don't deserve that quirk, little brat!"
"You're weak."
"You wanna cry?"
"I'll give you something to cry about!"

I cowered in a corner. She grabbed my wrist. Her grip tightened as she dragged me back to the center of the room. My arm was taking a beating. Strike after strike, bruises trailed up my arms.

"Mommy please! Stop! Your hurting me!"

*Gasp* I shot out of bed. What the fuck? Not these again.

The nightmares were coming back. The memories of my mother from when I was a child rang through my head.

I checked the time, 2am. The boys went back to their rooms at 10pm after the movie was over. Not long after, I had went to bed.

Deciding it would best for me not to go back to bed and have to relive my nightmares, I changed into a pair of leggings and threw on a t-shirt. Figuring I didn't really need shoes, I quietly slipped out of my room and made my way to the main doors. I figured I'd just sit on the front steps and get some fresh air.

Sitting on the steps, my mind instantly went to Shoto. His gorgeous blue and grey eyes. The way his two toned hair perfectly frames his face. That shy smile. His gentle touch, soft lips, and warm embrace. I inhaled and just let the happy thoughts sink in.

Suddenly a rough hand slapped over my mouth from behind me and a needle pricked into my shoulder. And just like that, everything went black.

I woke up to find myself strapped down to a metal table. Metal braces clamped down tightly against my ankles, wrists, stomach, and shoulders.

"Oh good, you're awake. Nice of you to join us."  A shriveled grayish blue man appeared into my line of sight. Oh. I almost didn't recognize him without all the hands covering his face. He was the League of Villains guy from the USJ attack!

"Ah, what do we have here," I felt a cold, clammy hand brush my arms and grasp my wrist. "My my my. Hero work too much for you, little girl?" he asked, rubbing his fingers over my cuts. I winced a little from the stinging sensation. "Maybe we should just recruit you for villain work instead."

"What do you want from me?" I spat out angrily.

"Master thought you had a pretty useful quirk. I wasn't sure about it, until you let off that powerful blast the other day," he responded.

My eyes widened, "How did y-,"

"Before master was captured, he already had plans for you. I didn't understand what the big fuss was, but we decided to keep tabs on you regardless. So, when we saw your true colors revealed the other day, I knew I needed you," he laughed maniacally. "Sorry, it took us a few days, those dumb boys, Endeavor's son and the violent explosive boy, just never left your side."

I felty my anger rise and I tried to reach out to strike him, but instead just came in contact with the braces around my wrists.

"Ah ah ah, be a good girl or else I'll have to punish you," his face curled into an evil grin as he pulled out a sharp knife. I watched as he drew it close to my left arm. "Why don't we add a few more, shall we?" With that, he took the blade and dug it into my arm. He lifted it up and moved down an inch, following the same pattern. These cuts were much deeper than my own self inflicted wounds. I felt the warm blood trickle down my arm. I squeezed my eyes shut and tried not to think of the pain. "Oh, are you enjoying this, princess?" he asked, finishing off my left arm and moving to my right.