Chapter 21: License Exam

*1 week later*
Day of The Provisional License Exam

*Y/N's POV*

This past week I've been training hard with All Might, in class, and on my own. My confidence has also grown as I learned to manipulate my powerful quirk better. I've also managed to eat at least something for every meal, allowing the color in my face to slowly settle back in.

I dragged my feet to Shoto's door and lightly knocked. It was time for my weekly weigh in. I felt hopeful for this one, but still super on edge.

The door swung open and I was met with Shoto's sweet smiling face. "You ready?"

"Gonna have to be," a giggled nervously.

I followed Shoto into his room and we stopped in front of the scale. "Whenever you're ready," he spoke quietly.

I closed my eyes, took in a deep breath through my nose, and stepped on the scale. Feeling brave, I opened my eyes to look down at the number. Up 1kg.

"Oh my god, that's amazing Y/N!" Shoto hugged me as I stepped off the scale. I didn't say anything. I felt numb. I didn't know how to feel. I know gaining weight is a good thing in my position... but seeing the number rise... feels wrong. It feels terrifying even.

"Y/N? You okay?" Shoto asked, concern laced in his voice as he tucked a strand of blonde hair behind my ear.

"Yeah..." I spoke unsurely and took a shaky breath. "It's just a little scary to see the number go up. I've gotten in the habit of feeling proud or accomplished when the number goes down... it's just hard to break old habits. B-But I want to get better! I know this is a step in the right direction. I can't let my eating disorder trick me into thinking this is bad."

"That's my girl," Shoto tousled my hair with a proud little smirk on his face.

*Time Skip to Part 2 of License Exam*
(Because author-Chan is lazyyyy)

We all made it past the first part of the exam. But now, this was the real test. I'm still learning about my powers, discovering something new almost everyday, but I'm feeling pretty good about this exam. I actually hit my meal plan this morning at breakfast, knowing I was going to be overworking myself and probably wouldn't be getting any other meals until dinner since the test was so long.

"Help mmm," a muffled call of distress rang through my ears.

BUT WHERE WAS IT COMING FROM!

I searched around frantically, trying to determine where the cry emitted from.

There!

I spotted slight movement between a pile of rubble.

I darted over and began to toss the boulders off the citizen. I was barely able to life the heavy rocks. My twig like arms were still so weak, but luckily All Might's training has come in handy.

As I lifted the last few smaller rocks off the citizen, I peered down at their face.... she's just a child. She was covered in dirt, scrapes, and bruises. Confidently, I spoke softly to the child, "I am here to get you to safety. I'm goinf to carry you over to get your wounds treated. now" I gave her a warm smile of encouragement, hoping if I don't show any sign of fear, the child won't get scared.

Carefully, I lifted her up and placed her on my back. She was still trembling. How else can I comfort her?

With quick thinking, I morphed into a unicorn. It's a fun way to carry her and little girls like unicorns right?

"Hold on tight!" I ordered the girl as I trotted over to the medic station.

She latched onto the unicorn horn as we rode over. When we got there, I transformed back to my human form. But as I removed the child from my back, I noticed her body was now completely healed.

I was dumbfounded. I stared up at the heroes in the medic station, they too looked astonished. Noticing my face of confusion, Momo approached me, "When she held onto your horn... all her wounds glowed purple... and then healed." She took the child from my arms and inspected the previously wounded areas. "Not a scratch... she whispered." Looking back up at me, she asked, "Did you know you could do that?"

"No...," I responded cautiously.

Like I said... I seem to be learning something new almost everyday. I'm amazed by what my powers do, but also... I always feel guilty. Like what did I do to deserve these powers? That's why every time I learn something new about my powers, I try to utilize it more and learn more about it so that I can use it to my best ability.

If I have this power, I might as well use it to help others. That's the only way I can properly earn it.

Just as I thought things were going well, I heard a loud commotion come from the other side of the arena.

When I looked over, all I could see was a large barrier of ice, followed by a gust of swirling winds.

"Oh fuck."
This is bad.
Shoto! What are you thinking?!

———

*A/N: Well hello hello. I am back. It has been a while. My apologies!

Give this chapter a vote if you want me to continue this story.

Another drawing by me :)