Chapter 10 Doubts

Adiya's POV

"It's time that you accompany us to all of the tasks and learn from us. We would coronate you as the ruler after half of a year. Once we both feel that you are mentally ready." Said Father, The King Aarya.

"Actually we both co ruled the kingdom so things were easy for us because the work was divided and we both shared the same outlook and opinions. However now you would be alone so you would need to learn extra hard." Explained father.

So I would accompany my father in the areas like production of arms and ammunition, treasury management, administration etc and my mother into court, army training camps, taxation sessions and listen to her law making counsel.

Things looked interesting but there were a few improvements which I wanted to be done. Which I would definitely do once I get the power. I was learning fast.

I wondered how Sahil would have felt if he would have known how well I was doing.

However there was a small hitch. Many of the Ministers of the Counsel wanted my parents to get me married so that they would get a King. And a pair of co Ruler would be completed. I was new and they didn't know anything about my capabilities. So I didn't say anything against them. I would just nod and change the topic or listen to them patiently and then change the topic. My parents understood that I was not interested in marriage so they didn't pitch the topic in front of me.

But their persistence to get me married was increasing day by day and my patience in ignoring them decreased day by day.

Another thing that was doing rounds in the court was that we should attack Surya Kingdom. Because it was the only kingdom that could stand against the combined power of Harsha kingdom as well as Kshtij kingdom.

However we didn't know anything about Surya Kingdom. It was because our spies had always failed in their attempts to penetrate their kingdom. Moreover our army had never tracked or found their spies within our kingdom.

From the rumours it was heard that Surya Kingdom had never attacked any other kingdom since a decade. It was because it was their policy to develop their kingdom without including the foreign lands.

I wanted to know what kind of Kingdom it was and was it more prosperous than us?

Who was the ruler of that Kingdom?

One thing that I had learnt in Gurukul was to wake up at the dawn time and then pray and meditate. It helped me to calm my mind.

I did that in the following day. During the dawn time, I woke up and meditated. I knew I was a powerful ruler. I knew I had to prove my potential to the people that I was a powerful ruler.

But simply marrying a powerful king would do? That would imply that I am weak so I need a support. No. I had to prove my mettle. Marrying wasn't the solution to establish my image as a strong Ruler.