Chapter 48: Knowledge!

Heya friends! I hope now you might find some relevance with my weird chapter titles. Anyways, enjoy the last few chapters of my series. The trilogy is about to end. By the way, who is your favourite Queen? Queen Naintara or Queen Adina or Queen Adiya?

Princess Adiya's POV

"Clink clink clink" was the only sound you could hear apart from occasional ohhs and aahs. As much as romantic it sounds, actually I was in battlefield. With King Dhruv. No we weren't fighting against each other. We were fighting together. Against a common enemy. And I guess I will have to get used to it for my entire life!

That day after we both slept, during the early dawn, Sahil, I mean King Dhruv woke me up and we both dressed up (trying to look as dignified as possible). With the sunrise, we both found ourselves in the  company of soldiers from both our kingdoms!

Since both of us suffered from bruises and were sitting together peacefully, there was a lot of confusion as to who won and who lost. Thankfully my grandmother Queen Naintara made a point to be present and we asked her to talk to both of us in private . We told her about the previous night (minus the intimate details) and how we both found it impossible to hurt each other let alone "kill".

She smiled and just listened. And then asked a soldier to go to the ashram and request the presence of our honourable Guruji.

Once we were in the presence of Guruji, Greetings were exchanged and truths were told. Guruji was proud of me for honouring my promise.  Therefore he ensured that the truth would be kept as a secret.

Declarations were made to the common public that the fight of King Dhruv and Princess Adiya was interrupted by our Guruji. Since we both had a same teacher, we abided his instruction to be allies instead of being foes. And thus the friendly alliance of Harsha and Kshitij Kingdom with Surya Kingdom was created.

We both parted with the promise to write to each other.

Due to our alliance with Surya Kingdom, our strength as a powerful kingdom doubled. Now the rivals were even more scared to attack us.

My parents and grandfather were enlightened about my relationship with King Dhruv. Thankfully the presence of my grandmother ensured that they were not mad at me for a long time. They forgave me for hiding about my secret relationship. Besides my mother found it amusing that her love story kind of matched mine. I vowed to ensure that I would become a good listener once she would commence the topic of her love life and her past.

The next few months saw my rise as a  ruler of both the kingdoms! I succeeded the throne on the date of my coronation. Thankfully King Dhruv and his family made a point to be there. To support me. Not as their future daughter in law (we still hadn't made our relationship public) but as an ally ruler. I could see the pride in the eyes of Dhruv's mother. Apparently Dhruv had told them about us.

While parting, she whispered into my ears "I am proud of you daughter, can't wait to have you as the ruler of Surya Kingdom!"

Vansh and Dhruv's father joked how Dhruv's arrogance will be kept in check once we get married.

My meetings with Dhruv at the waterfall during the full moon night were still a secret even to our own families (we derived an unusual pleasure to sneak out from our palaces and meet each other in secret). We didn't want to reveal the romantic relationship in front of public. Until the completion of a year from the date of the coronation as per our deal.

My power was rising. I could now feel liberated and confident to take tough decisions. While I was secretly working in sharpening my skills as a warrior, I knew that my rising power would yield powerful consequences.

"Your majesty!" Said the panicked messenger.

"Due to your new alliance with the Surya kingdoms, the powerful landlords of the villages of Kshitij and Harsha Kingdom are teaming up with the landlords of Surya Kingdom to dethrone you and the King Dhruv. They have challenged you both for the battle!" He said.

The landlords of some of the areas of my kingdoms had acquired a lot of power due to their rise in financial prosperity and power. And it was the time to show them who was the Ruler!

King Dhruv sent his messenger with the message that he too would be privileged to  accompany me in the war and it would provide him with the opportunity to "consolidate the special friendship  of  Surya Kingdom with Harsha and Kshitij Kingdom." (His words not mine). It would also provide us with the time to "know each other well." (Again his words, not mine).

While the whole court was impressed, I knew that my grandparents and my parents had the laugh of their lives. I mean who could write such a double meaning letter other than Dhruv?

So there we were! Fighting against the landlords in the midst of a village that fell between the borders of Kshitij Kingdom and Surya Kingdom.

"Don't throw away the shield, Don't throw away the shield" Shouted Dhruv as I threw away the shield and attacked one of the main landlords

"This is not what I taught you!" He Shouted as he hit a man on his head with his shield. They were having hand to hand combat. And yet, Dhruv was worried that I wasn't following his "lessons".

"Preach me in midst of the war and I would never ever allow your company with mine !" I warned him and I threw my sword at a man directly charging towards the direction of King Dhruv. It wounded him instantly.

"You are getting dangerous day by day!" He Laughed.

"You have no idea how dangerous I can get by night."  I winked as I mounted my horse. The whole battleground was clear. There weren't any casualties but our soldiers were seriously injured. I ensured their quick treatment.

While we all advanced towards my palace, Dhruv stopped me.

"There is something that needs to be cleared." He said and turned around his horse. I followed him, wondering what was in his mind. We both were alone. My soldiers had advanced towards our Kingdom. Dhruv had now stopped talking with me throughout the whole way. Why had he started being so aloof all of a sudden? And where was he leading me towards!?

We reached towards the border of Surya kingdom. Suddenly the troops of warriors emerged and surrounded us.

I was so astonished with the sudden development. "What's all this?"

"Can't you see? I have captured you!" He said with a sinister laugh. For a moment I couldn't believe what was happening around me.

Heya readers! So I guess this was perhaps the one of the  lasts chapter of  this book! Please wait for the beautiful epilogue! By the way, can I get a vote? It's just a click away! And again, which one is your favourite queen? Queen Naintara or Queen Adina or Queen Adiya? Pls pls pls let me know (if you are feeling lazy, you may skip typing the reason about your preference. Just name it! Okay?)