Chapter 12:Gurupurnima

Adiya's POV

I was about to knock the door of my parents' chambers but I realised that It was already open. Slightly.

"Leave my hand husband! What if our daughter comes and sees us?" I could hear the laughter of my mother.

"I won't! I want to spend some time with the most beautiful women on the earth!" Replied my father.

Why do they both have to put their private lives on display? I looked here and there unsure what to do. Then I softly knocked the door.

"Your Majesty please leave my hand someone is knocking the door!" Mother pleaded.

"No I won't. You use this excuse every time I try to hold your hands." Said my father has both of them laughed like silly girls sharing a secret.

"Ahem ahem!" I had no option but to clear my throat to make my presence felt.

Both of the took a step back and separated as soon as they realised it was me.

"Come in!" I could hear a crack in my mother's voice.

"We were  just talking about something very serious." My father provided me an unwanted explanation.

" it's okay I didn't hear anything of it" I grinned.

"Father I want to go back to the Ashram to visit my Guruji" I told him what I wanted

"But why do you have to go?" Asked my father defeated.

"Because it's Gurupurnima (teacher's day)  and I want to go and wish him!" I insisted. Even though father had been training me to become a strong ruler, he was also treating me like a child. That was the most endearing part about him.

"You are leaving this palace especially during the time when we are planning to wage a war!" He was shocked.

"Don't worry father. I would return in a day or two. I miss those forests and trees and nature and most importantly, my teacher." I tried to convince him.

I didn't say anything about Sahil. Though it was a closed chapter, I secretly wished he too would come to visit Guruji and we both would bump into each other in the ashram by mistake.

"Let her go. She needs a break from her accomodating routine. Besides it's Gurupurnima  and that's the most important day for any student." Sided my mother and then, father agreed.

The next morning I readied my horse and decided not to go there via chariot. Going in simple clothes without chariot would ensure that the present students and my classmates who have also came to visit Guruji, won't have any doubts regarding my identity.  I had a pressure of winning a war under my participation in order to prove myself as an able ruler. Going out of the palace would be a wonderful distraction.

For my Guru and my fellow classmates, I would be Diya forever.

As soon as I reached to the premises, I went inside Guruji's hut. There I found Sahil, having his head on Guruji's lap and talking to Guru ma. I was overwhelmed with emotions. My three most favourite people (apart from my family) were present in a single frame.

I touched Guruji's and Guruma's feet and hugged Guruma. They all showered me with blessings while Sahil just looked at me appreciatively.

The following hour went into my asking about their health and the current batch of the students they had. We all laughed and I tried not to give much information about me. We all just enquired about health and well being of each others' family. That was it.

We both didn't want to divulge into our identities maybe. It was a part of Ashram's rule to keep our identities secret for lifetime and we involuntarily followed it.

Later we all had our lunch and me and Sahil bid farewell to Guruji. However I didn't want to leave the ashram so early. I wanted to explore the premises for the sake of memories.  Sahil said that he would accompany me so we exited the hut.

That's when my heart started beating crazily. I was back with my love of life and that too alone.

I looked at him and he too looked at me. We both smiled awkwardly. I didn't know how to commence our conversation. We just kept walking side by side.

Suddenly we both passed towards a hut that was assigned to me in the past. I was sure that it would be now assigned to the current batch of the students but I had some memories with it.

"I still remember how much I would stare at this hut and wait for you to come out... every morning." Chuckled Sahil. As if recalling a very fond memory.

We both went towards the tree where Sahil had hanged a self made clay pigeon (or mango I still don't know what it was) and I would use it for aiming during my archery practice.

I smiled at the thought of how he tried to help me in the process of self development. He was always worried about my welfare and taught me so many things.

"I am lucky to have you as my mentor because you were always busy to teach me newer things." I Said.

"You were a great student. Besides (he blushed) I liked you a lot." He confessed.  " teaching you newer things ensured that you spent time in my company."

"Now that you have seen the world, you must have found someone more beautiful than me right?" I asked him. My insecurities  about my beauty were surfacing again.

"Maybe. But you gave me the most beautiful memories of my lifetime. No women can replace that." He said matter of factly. 

We had explored each and every part of the premises. Except ...

"Let's revisit the waterfall !" He exclaimed like an excited child, as if voicing my thoughts.

And we both advanced towards the waterfalls. I might become Queen Adiya, the ruler,  for people in future. But for Sahil, I would always remain the simpleton Diya.

A simple girl with simple insecurities but extraordinary dreams!