Chapter 24: Sahil wants

Adiya's (Diya's) POV

"So? Why did you arrange our meeting all of a sudden?" I asked Sahil who was silently watching the waterfall.

I was feeling irritated. In the midst of something called war, I was required to sneak out of the palace due to Sahil's letter. He wanted to meet me urgently. And now he wasn't telling me the exact reason for the sudden meeting.

"Let's get married Diya!" Said Sahil all of a sudden. Marry now? But why?

"But why? Why do you want to marry me all of sudden?" I asked him bewildered.

"Life is too short Diya. I wonder if we would be able to meet again." he said. As if lost in deep melancholy.

I didn't want to ask him the reason or probe further about the cause of his unhappiness. I had limited hours with him which I wanted to spend in a light note.

"do not worry. I have a gut feeling that we both would live a long happy life with our kids!" I smiled at him.

"Kids? Do you know how kids are made?" Chuckled Sahil and tickled me. And all of a sudden, the atmosphere lightened up!

"I don't know" I blushed and feigned ignorance. How could I talk about such topics without blushing?

However Sahil found it hard to have a straight face. "I want a baby girl who would look like you. She too would be a small ball of fury that can't be extinguished. She would scare people with her big black eyes just like you do. He laughed.

"I too want a baby boy who would be as cool as ice just like you. As mature as a 100 year old uncle. A person who would give advise for free when nobody would ask him!" I teased him, referring to the Gurukul days when he declared himself as my mentor without my consent.

"want some free advice?" he whispered into my ears and before I could do something, he held my hands.

He pulled me close to him and laid me on the riverbed in such a way that my back was facing him. He opened the knot of my blouse and my bare back was exposed. He took a feather and gently stroked my back which was already tingling due to the cool breeze.

I closed my eyes to feel the sensation when I realised that he had paused his ministrations. I opened my eyes only to feel his weight upon me. He had removed his upper garment so my back was touching his chest. He started kissing my neck and whispering my name, his hands on my waist and his teeth gently biting my earlobe.

"Please leave me" I almost begged in a raspy voice which was foreign to me. I was scared of losing my control whenever I was around him. There was some strange kind of sexual tension that we both were going through.

"Why?" he whispered as he showered his kisses on my shoulder blades. My breasts were bare, touching the cool wet muddy seabed.

"I am scared" I sounded my thoughts.

"Don't be scared, my love! We are going to make beautiful kids" he whispered and then in midst of my bewilderment, I felt his body shaking with laughter.

I almost threw him off, grabbed my blouse, covered myself with it and got up. Before he could do anything, I went behind a huge tree and wore it.

He was still smiling when I came out and motioned me to sit close to him. I was angry due to his prank but made a face and sat a little far from him. He tried to make a straight face but his eyes were smiling.

As he crawled and sat close to me, I crawled and went a little far. He again tried to come close to me but I increased my distance. It went on and on until my back was facing a huge tree trunk. I tried to turn around and leave but he caged me with his hands pinning mine against the trunk of tree. He pulled my legs and as a result, I was sitting on his lap.

"Is this the way you run away from your husband?" he bit my nose playfully with a mock anger.

"You are not my husband yet" I protested

"in my heart, you are already my wife." he shrugged his shoulders. I hugged him as we stayed like that for hours until the dawn time.

"Hey you are still wearing this?" he referred to the bead necklace that he had presented me a year ago.

"yes I have still preserved it. However, I lost a bead yesterday. But I have repaired it and it's  still as good as new." I assured him.

"let me inspect it carefully. I am not yet satisfied with your claim." he made a mock thoughtful comment on my necklace and started kissing my the necklace that was still adorning my neck. Suddenly it felt as if he was kissing my neck. Checking out my necklace was just a mere excuse.

"Hey just a chess question." Asked Sahil when we were done with his "necklace inspection".

"Yes ask." I asked him.

"What would you do if while playing chess, you have lesser resources I.e. less number of players than the opposite player?" He asked me.

"Simple. I would observe his/her moves and strike when the time is right. Meanwhile I would make sure that all my players are guarded by each other or by pawns and spread into various directions." I shrugged my shoulders.

"But why did you want to know?" I asked him doubtful.

"It's just that, I have just found my match in the game of the chess so needed your advice." He said casually.

"Does it mean that I am your equivalent?" I asked him playfully.

"You have got many talents I must admit" he bit my nose playfully.

"There is one more talent I possess. Want to see?" I pulled him close to me and kissed his lips.

"Yes let me have a full fledged experience of it." He almost groaned as we got busy kissing.

I smiled to myself. I wish I had as easy life as Sahil had. Just worrying about your opponent in the game of chess that's it. I wish he wins the game.

And I hope I win the real life war chess that I am playing with King Dhruv.