Chapter 42 Challenge

King Dhruv (Sahil's) POV

"Why are we just sitting? And waiting? What will we do now?" Vansh was impatient. Ever since I told him that Adiya and Diya were the same person. I was almost sure. However I was still not ready to believe it. In the back of my mind, I was praying that maybe... maybe they would turn out to be different people!

He wasn't hopeless romantic like I was. He was more of a practical person. Wanted to put a fullstop on natter. However I knew I had a pressure on me. Pressure to give a fierce reply to Kshitij Kingdom.

Sending a marriage proposal did not an seem like an appropriate option else I would appear a weak ruler. I had to just wait for Princess Adiya's move. And then give an appropriate response. Hence I was calm and patient. But behind my patient exterior, I was feeling a whirlwind of emotions. The person with whom I had imagined my lifetime is my rival. How could I even imagine killing her?

I imagined Adiya's state of mind. She was supposed to prove to her Kingdom that she was capable of being coronated. She will have to go against me, and sooner or later she will realise that I am her rival (though I doubt that she must have already realised it). I wonder how helpless she would feel. To make the matters worse, she will have to honour the promise she has made to Guruji. This must be a testing time for her. She must be a under tremendous pressure.

We both went to the court and as if on cue, on of the messengers entered inside the courtroom. He was from the Kshitij Kingdom.

"Greetings to His Majesty King Dhruv. I, Adiya, the Princess of Kshitij Kingdom challenge you for a duel. Just both of us. You must have realised by now that I completely resent violence. Why to lay life of soldiers when we both can end the war by the display of our excellent swordsmanship? Whosever wins, the Surya kingdom belongs to him or her."

The messenger stopped reading the message and presented me with a red silk fabric pouch. I opened the knot. It had a small blue coloured pearl and a parchament. It stated

"We both have figured out the truth! Lets just accept each other's identities. We have no choice. We have to end this chapter. See the blue bead. You must have  now guessed  the time and location of our meeting. Let's meet for the last time! It would be last time I promise."

I didn't read out the parchment but I knew it was Diya's handwriting. Besides the blue beaded pearl put an end to all my residual doubts about her identity. Diya and Adiya were the same people.

While everyone in the Court was impressed by her idea (though they were scared enough to express it), my parents were more than happy because they too hated the idea of war. My mother still reminded me that it wasn't late to marry her. But all the questions of marriage were in vain now.

She wanted to fight. Like a warrior. So I will make sure that she will get what she wants! None of us wanted to give up the prospect of resignation of war. Both of us wanted to appear strong in front of our people! And yet.. the sheer thought of even harming up gave me goosebumps! She was my Queen! Someone whom I was supposed to spoil with my endless love and attention! And here she was! Demanding a war!