Chapter 47 My way

King Dhruv's POV

I had begun to understand what her problem was. She wanted to save her name, prove herself to be an able ruler by defeating me and yet she was unable to because she knew that I was innocent, I wanted to avoid war and we loved each other!

For hours we talked about what we wanted in our lives, how we both wanted our kingdoms to prosper and what policies we both wanted to introduce into our kingdom!

I wanted to open more study libraries for the scholars in my Kingdom and increase the export of the artistic materials like handicrafts, Jewellery and promote medicine from Ayurveda. Since we had developed ports, I wanted to make the maximum use of those. The social condition of women in my kingdom was way too good (they were more trained and empowered than their male counterparts) so focus on the problems of women wasn't my priority.

"Wow I never knew that Surya Kingdom let's women to join army for two years!" She Exclaimed.

"We make it compulsory for women to be trained like a soldier. It is compulsory for adolescent women to join our military training for two years. After that she can resume her normal life or join the military permanently. Her choice." He said.

"But I didn't notice any women warrior when we had mixed the sleep portion into your army fort's water tank." She said.

"Well the women soldiers are responsible to guard borders during the later half part of the year. For the first half, they are allocated the responsibility to guard the internal affairs of the Kingdom! You had have entered the borders during the first half of the year so you didn't get any opportunity to spot any female warrior." I cleared.

"And I thought that only my Kingdom was responsible for empowerment of women!" She gushed.

"Well If you agree to marry me, trust me, you will be the Queen of a really female empowered country!" I assured her.

"Really?" She Laughed:

"It's true! Before my mother married my father, she was the Commander of the Army of the female warriors!" I Said proudly.

We talked about her policies.
However her policies were more inclined towards higher education of women, decrease in mortality rates of newborns by providing pregnant women some nutritious food and training the prison inmates of her Kingdom so that they can acquire newer skills in order to ensure that they spend rest of their lives earning livelihood in an honest manner.

"We both can make great co rulers if we get married!" I again tried to venture towards the topic of marriage.

"I didn't know that your kingdom too followed the tradition of co ruling." She sounded amused.

"Well if you grace us with your presence then we would definitely ensure that the tradition is followed  in our kingdom too!" I tried to impress her. Besides there is no harm in having a co ruler. I wanted someone to correct me on my face whenever the situation would arise and she was the perfect person to do so.

" I can't marry you. What will people say? That Princess Adiya was coward enough to marry her rival?" She spoke up.

"Na. People will say that Princess Adiya was kind enough to marry her rival because she hates war and loves peace." I tried to reason.

"That would definitely tarnish my image as a powerful ruler!" She argued.

"That would create your image of a generous ruler! Look at your grandmother! Queen Naintara is worshipped for her generosity and her good nature."

An understanding came into her eyes. And I felt hopeful

" one more thing. I don't want to be coronated just because now I have a husband. I am equally capable of ruling the kingdom without a partner!" She pouted.

"Well we can marry after a year or so. First get coronated. Then engaged. And then once you feel like you have acquired the tact and got used to presiding the throne, then we can marry. You easily get one year time in order to establish your image and create a strong foundation. " I tried to find the mid way!

"Won't people of your kingdom think you were coward enough to make a women your queen just because you were scared of her?" She tried to raise a very relevant point.

" I can't go and shut up every person can I? Let them think. I don't care. As long as people in my kingdom are happy and prosperous, I don't care what they say about my personal life! Besides you marry someone you love right? I love you. It's as simple as that!" I tried to be as calm as possible.

"So what do we do now?" She asked.

"Well, we can sleep as of now and think about it tomorrow. It's a beautiful night and a beginning towards beautiful days ahead!" I Said as we both laid down on the soft sands, hand in hand, enjoying  the warmth of the fire flames.

The sky was pitch dark with the beautiful full moon radiating its glory. Close to it, was the Dhruv star (Pole star). Equally strong and established to its position. I am sure it hadn't moved an inch from its position. I wanted to be pole star in Diya's life. Strong support. As strong as a rock! To help her rule the night sky! (Ie her kingdoms).

I knew she was confused. She had no idea what I was planning to do next. I was just waiting for the morning to commence. Dawn to be precise.

The dew will be created in the dawn. Then it will shine with the touch tender sun rays! Like beautiful transparent pearl! And finally, it will melt in the air. Just like our worries. They will melt with the upcoming morning!

Heya people! Probably now you would realise why my previous chapters were titled as "Dews" . Anyways I hope you like this one!  Good day! We are advancing towards the end! It was a hell of the ride but still the seat belts must be on! The journey hasn't ended yet but We will soon finish it!