Chapter 26: Counter attack

King Dhruv (Sahil's) POV

"Our spies have found  that the Kshitij kingdom separately stores the food grains for their army in the storage complex build inside their army grounds which are located close to the borders." Said one of the messengers while I was busy with discussions with my the Commander In General of Army, my brother Vansh and the Ministers.

"Good. Find the ways we can gain the access to the food grains. Assume that we have a limited amount of  army and weapons." I asked. I had a court filled with people with brains. That's the reason why I had given them the higher positions in my court. Now it was the time I receive their inputs where we can either win or lose the war.

"Your majesty, why are we so concerned about looting their storage whilst we can literally send our spies to secretly burn their farmlands during the darkness of the night. No one would ever be able to catch them." Said Vansh.

"No. We won't resort to violence or damage to their property. It's a game of brains. They could have poisoned the water tank and killed our soldiers or burnt our army fort. But they went for non violent way. Burning farmlands would ensure a kind of permanent damage to their peasants and farmers. We won't  harm them physically unless they do it too." I ordered.

Princess Adiya wanted to play it in a chess kind of way. Cheating would mean that I didn't have brains to win the war. If I didn't have Diya in my life, I would have married Adiya. The sole reason I was attracted to Diya was her brains. The Princess was proving to possess them too.

"As per our spies, their grains of this season have already been harvested and they are planning to move the grains (of the soldiers) to the soldiers storage complex after 2 days. They will move them through their carts."
Said the messenger.

"Good. I want all their food grains. Why to burn their farms when we can loot the food grains and sell them directly?" I grinned. Diya was right. Watching their moves was the right idea. But sometimes actions too matter.

###########################
Adiya's (Diya's) POV

I never knew that a simple letter could make me smile even though I was sitting in the midst of the court in the middle of a very serious discussion. I got reminded of its contents and a warm feeling spread across my heart.

"My Dear Diya,

How are you? I know that we had just met a few days ago and yet I am here, sitting alone and missing you.

The only thing that is cheering me up right now is a pudding (Kheer) made by my mother. By the way, I wish you meet my mother. You would love her! She is the most broad-minded person I have ever known. You know what? Whenever I go out for any important work, my mother makes me eat her hand made kheer apart from sugar and curd . She says that it's her way of giving me the blessings. I love her!

Though I love my father, he never takes my side. Maybe, I have a gut feeling that once you become my bride, he would be a wonderful father figure to you.

I wish that whatsoever responsibilities you have, it gets solved with ease. Let me know if I can help you in any way.

Loads of love,
Your future husband,
Sahil."

"Young lady, why are you smiling all of a sudden! We all are waiting for you to speak up your next strategy about the war!" Said my mother exasperated.

"The young lady looks like she is in love." Chuckled my grandmother, Queen Naintara.

"How do you know that?" Asked grandfather, King Aditya.

"Because even if she has brains to play chess in real life, she has a tough time making a poker face." Said my grandmother.

Before they all could embarrass me further in front of the court, I got up from my seat and started speaking.

"As per the reliable sources, their prime income is earned via exports. If we could somehow  get the control of their ship while it's in between the sea, maybe we can get those items in our possession." I Said.

"But why do you want to give a fight in midst of the sea?" Asked my bewildered father.

"Because we don't want to wage a war in their ports. We won't have much control on their homeland. Besides a fight in between the sea would be less cruel. Let's finish it in a non violent way as much as it is possible. I have a promise to honour." I Said.

"But how would we do this? Kshitij Kingdom is devoid of ports." Said mother.

"Yes But Harsha Kingdom has a fantastic connectivity when it comes to ports." Grinned Grandmother.

"And guess what? We have some experts when it comes to capturing a ship." Grinned my grandfather.

I looked at him questioningly.

"He is remembering the days when he had managed to capture the most dangerous pirates of the sea. They are still in our prison. Lets see if they want to help us in the exchange of their freedom?" Grinned Grandmother and we all chuckled with excitement.

It was going to be one hell of a battle.