Chapter 45: Dew (2)

Heya! Thank you for your patience! Enjoy

King Dhruv's (Sahil's) POV

"Gosh I didn't know you could be this scary!" I Shouted as I nearly dodged her sword. All I did was just uttering a simple statement by mistake!

"You are a women! Let's marry instead of fighting with each other!" As I said this to her, her eyes gleamed with fire! All I meant was that she being a perfect women, would turn out to be a perfect Queen. She took it as an offence towards her merit!

"So what? I am a women so I can ONLY marry! Just marry??? Not fight? How dare you! I will kill you and show you what this women can do!" She Shouted!

"I mean... I mean you deserve to be pampered loved and cared inside the palace! " I tried to clarify!

"No! I deserve to fight like a warrior, rule like a warrior and die like a warrior! Four walls are not for me!"

I was feeling sick! She was unable to understand what I meant! If we both could marry, the problem would be solved! But she was hellbent in winning this war!

He anger was increasing every minute! I was bearing the brunt of her fury! I again dodged the sword that was cutting anything that came in it's path! Now I knew what Vansh meant! She was ferocious! Not like the Diya who existed at the time I left the Gurukul! She was Princess and related to the four greatest rulers of this era! No wonder she had pressure to perform!

Which meant that talks won't come handy in her case. I will have to defeat her, not kill her and then make her marry me. Her ego can go to hell!

I started attacking her in the same gusto! Till the time she was close to the waters of the lake! Her back turned towards me!

"Okay then, fight with me!" I challenged her as I tried to hit her but her sword ⚔️ clashed with my sword. She however got her right hand hurt! Blood was oozing!

I automatically stopped. I had to tend to her wounds! After all she was still my love!

"I can take care of myself! Besides what's the war without injuries! Keep on fighting!" She almost panted. Anyone could notice that she was tired.

She held her sword with her left hand. Then I remembered! She could use both her hands!

"After you left the Gurukul, I decided to better my craft! So how could I be a unique warrior? Some warriors have raw strength, some have great techniques, some work hard and acquire skills.... but what about me? We all can acquire identical weapons! I decided that I wanted to be survivor in long period wars. And how can I do that?" She grinned as she gradually stepped back towards the direction of the water, unknown where was she heading to.

"I am impressed! You can use both of your hands!" I appreciated her.

"I don't think you will now be required to use both of your hands!" I smiled.

"Why!" There was a fury in her eyes!

"Kill me!" I Said,throwing away my sword!

"Why? Why do you want to give up so early!" She was bewildered.

"None of your concern! Kill me now and finish this matter!" I open my hands wide, gestured her to slit my head with her sword.

"I can't kill you like this. It would be an easy kill!" She said, looking worried at my change of stance.

"You are the only person who knows about it! Tell the whole world how you defeated me with your expertise!" I told her!

"Ya... but my Morales's won't permit me to do so" she replied. Unsure what to do next.

"And Yet your morales allow you to have a brief chitchat in the intention of resting!" He Laughed mockingly.

"You!" She tried to strike her sword towards me but stopped. There was a moment of unrecognisable emotion in her eyes!

"Yes hit me! I am yours. " I encouraged her to hit me.

"I... I can't!" She said.

"Why? Ofcourse you can!" I challenged her.

"No! No I can't!" She cried.

"And why is that?" I tried to cajole her to speak her.

"Because... because I can't kill you! I love you!" She said.

And I heaved the sigh of relief.

We both waited for sometime, she looking towards the ground, perhaps trying to assemble her thoughts while I stood in front of her, patiently waiting for her next reaction!

"I give up!" She said.

"What?" I was shocked. I didn't expect her to give up. So soon!

" yes. I give up! Harsha and Kahitij Kingdom belong to you now!" She said.

I was speechless. How could she give up so easily? Especially when the fight was so equal!

"But I have a condition!" She added.

I smiled mentally. I would hate it if my Diya  would give up so easily.

"And what is that ma'am?" I asked her.

"You have to kill me. I can't go home defeated!" She said. "I won't show my face to my elders! Because I love you and because it would be shameful to be defeated without trying! Atleast they will feel that I tried!" She said. Almost trying to suppress her tears. She was in a great dilemma. "But promise me you won't harm my elders, my family or my countrymen and rule the Kingdom just like you are ruling yours!"

I really was proud of her! I never knew during the Gurukul days  that I was mentoring someone who destined to be a great ruler!