Chapter 19:- King Dhruv

King Dhruv's POV

"What?" I asked in disbelief. "Are you sure that your Kingdom is planning to wage the war within a fortnight?" I asked Anandji, who was a Counsel member of Kshitij Kingdom.

Anandji was a senior member of Kshitij Kingdom's Counsel. However he was not happy with the Princess Adiya because her thinking was "unconventional and against the traditions".

I figured out that probably he was hurt because she didn't give him much importance and practically denied his opinions.

So he turned out to be a traitor. My brother Vansh was in the opinion that one should never ever work with a traitor because someone who can betray his own motherland, would never hesitate to betray anyone else. A person without morals and Character is dangerous and cannot be trusted,

However I wanted to extract information about Kshitij Kingdom so I was ready to pretend that I trusted Anandji.

"Anandji, I am so glad that a senior and experienced persona like your have decided to provide your expert guidance in this battle. We, the Surya Kingdom, welcome you with the open arms." I declared in the Court and he grinned.

I guess now his ego was satisfied and he would provide me all the required information about the enemy.

"Your Majesty, the Kshitij Kingdom is well equipped with elephants and they are planning to wage a war in the open field that is located outside the border!" Said Anandji.

I smiled. Agreed we had very less elephants because we hadn't fought a war since a decade, and maintaining them would ensure a lot of waste of treasury funds. But we had our allies who wouldn't hesitate to lend their elephants for a battle. Open battle it is then... we were ready.

"There was something I wanted to ask you Anandji. Why aren't you able to accept Princess Adiya as your ruler?" I asked Anandji when we both were alone in my chamber. He boasted about his chess playing skills so Vansh had invited him to play against me.

"Because her thoughts are unacceptable and they go against the traditions." Said Anandji as he made the face.

"I don't understand what you mean." I asked him, trying to extract more information out of him. I wanted to know more about that unusual female Ruler.

"She makes it compulsory for girls on our kingdom to study, she makes a law for widows to get remarried and has started creating opportunities for employment of women! Can you believe it? Why should women allowed to study and earn the living when they can just handle the kitchen?" Exclaimed Anandji in disbelief.

I pretended to sympathise with him but to be frank, I was impressed by the Princess. She seemed to be a visionary person. I would love to meet her on the battlefield. She had met her match.

Later in the evening, while I was getting ready to visit the marketplace, my brother Vansh  casually remarked "Brother, your shoulders have  marks!"

I hid my grin and changed the topic. Probably it was the fingernail marks made by Diya during our passionate moments. Last night with Diya was the most memorable night of my life! I was waiting for this war to be over and then claim her. I wonder how she will feel once she would realise the fact that I am a King! I grinned to myself.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Heya people! So now we all know that King Dhruv is Sahil!!!! Enjoy the further chapters!!!!!