Chapter 14: Realisation

Adiya's POV

Realisation hit me like a fresh wave of cold water as Sahil held my hand and we swam towards the waterfall. We hugged each other tight as the splashes of water fell on us.

My body was warm, in the cold water with the wet fabric hugging it. Sahil's hands were busy exploring me, touching me everywhere. While my hands were busy caressing his muscular chest and abs.

"I still miss that night. Every night I wish that I would get my student life back. A simple life without burdens. A simple life with you by my side." He looked into my eyes.

"Ummm I too wish the same. Every night. Didn't know that growing up would be so monotonous." I told him.

We held each other's hands and watched the moon. Suddenly I realised that Sahil was leading me towards the shore.

Once we reached towards the shore, he put his hands on my shoulders and slowly guided me to lie down on the wet sands.

"You are my fantasy you know that?" He said putting my wet hair aside and kissing my throat.

"Mmmmmm." I was busy enjoying his kisses on the nape of my neck.

He kissed my forehead, my eyelids, my nose and bit my ear gently. His one hand played with my wet fabric clad breasts and his other hand was busy caressing my thighs. His lips were about to touch mine. I was losing my control over the delicious sensation. That's when my mind had to fight with my body and stop him.

"Wait! We can't do this!" I stopped him.

He thought for a moment. "But our kiss is pending!" He pleaded like a kid.

"No"

"Only one kiss"

"No"

After sometime.

"I understand that you don't want to cross the limits. What if I tell you that I want to marry you? I can promise you that no one would dare to oppose our union." He said taking me into his arms.

"Why? You think you are some king of a kingdom?" I chuckled. I wished that was true.

He just grinned. " if I were a King, would you allow me to kiss you?"

I thought for a moment. He wasn't the king. The probability of him being a King was grim. But I was a future Queen. If I could make him wait till my coronation, and then marry him once I have the power, no one would be able to oppose me. Besides I would be saved from the trouble of convincing my parents and grandparents of our union. They might take time to understand but eventually they would give in. As far as the public and the Ministers would be concerned, no one would dare to oppose me once I would assume the power .  Asking him his identity would require me to give him my identity. Which I didn't want for that moment.

Sahil would make a perfect King. He is knowledgable, mature and sensible.

"Hey? What are you thinking?" Asked Sahil bringing me back from my thoughts.

"I would love to marry you. But after half of the year gets over." I told him.

"Why to wait for half of the year to get over?" He asked. Shocked.

"Just assume that I have some responsibilities to fulfil. And then I would be free to take my own decisions." I told him. I hoped that meanwhile within that time span the impending war with Surya Kingdom would have got over with us winning it.

"Till then let's keep our identities secret. I am still Diya for you and you are Sahil for me. Is that okay?" I asked him.

I wanted a full six month courtship period with him. Without him knowing I was a Princess. I wanted the war to be over. Then I could deal withthe shocked filled reaction of my parents. I would be required to convince the whole Counsel of Ministers apart from my own family. It would be quite a scandal. Later. Once I am done with the war and coronation. And then I would have to convince my parents and everyone. One problem at one time.

"Let's do one thing. Do you remember the pigeon we both had saved? Piku? He is still with me. I want you to take it to your home so that it would remember the directions. Then you can send me messages via Piku as he remembers the direction of my home." I told him.

That sounded like a great idea. It would be exciting to stay in touch with him.

I hugged Sahil and we both slept in each other's arms on the shore.

In the morning, we both went to the spot where my horse was tied. He bid me farewell with a kiss on my temple and told me he would walk till the end of the forest and find his way.

I saw Piku, flying in the sky, landing directly on Sahil's shoulders. Sahil offered his arm to the pigeon and he sat on it. I offered my arm to Piku and he sat on my arm and then my shoulder.

Before I left, Sahil seemed to observe an emblem on the reins of the horse. It represented my Kingdom. I had forgotten to remove it.

"Seems like you belong to the army of the Kshiti Kingdom" He remarked casually . Agreed. As the future heir, I was automatically a part of the army. Yet, I was the future ruler by profession. So I smiled. Neither denying or agreeing to the fact.

He seemed to be lost into some thought before I woke him up with my last statement.

"I love my motherland. More than my life" I simply stated the truth before separating. He could presume whatever he want.

With that, I hugged him for one last time and my horse raced out of the forest. I wondered if I would be able to survive in the war to be able to meet him again. Face to face.