Chapter 2

I was in such a rush to get away from Noah that I bumped into someone and stumbled back a bit.

"Sorry," I said again but when I looked up I realized it was just my Uncle Leo.

"Uncle Leo!" I said as I hugged him tightly. "Where's Elizabeth and Pearl?" I asked.

Pearl was my Uncle's wife and Elizabeth was their 15-year-old daughter who was extremely close with Allen since they were close in age.

"Elizabeth went off with Allen and Pearl is somewhere with your mother and Elena, I also think I saw Bella with them." He said.

"Aunt Bella is here!? I have to go." I said before giving him one last hug and rushing off to find my mother.

I loved Aunt Bella she was Johnny's mother and such a delight to be around, last year she had fallen sick from Brest cancer but she beat it however, we rarely got to see her she was still on bed rest for a while.

When I spotted the group of women I rushed over to them and gave them each a hug, I hugged Aunt Bella a bit longer and she laughed before patting my back. I pulled back and smiled at her.

"You've gotten so big Alexis, look at you you're stunning." Aunt Bella said.

I smiled and thanked her. Before I felt my mother pat my shoulder I turned to her and she nodded her head in the direction of my father who was standing in the corner by himself, I realized he hadn't left that corner since we got downstairs.

I walked over to him to see tears in his eyes.

"Oh, Dad," I said before hugging him. He brought his arms around me before placing his chin on top of my head.

"I thought I was ready for this, I thought I was ready for you and your brother to grow up and not be dependent on me and your mother anymore but I'm not." He sniffled.

"Dad you know we are always going to be around, you're stuck with us," I said.

He chuckled slightly before letting go of me. "It's like one day you two were little and running around the house and I blink my eyes and you're both all grown up."

I sighed before resting my head on his shoulder. "I don't know about Armando, but I will always need you, dad, no matter how old I get."

"I love you Principessa," He said as he patted my head.

"I love you too dad." I didn't bother to look up because I knew he was currently crying, and tears aren't my thing.

He hugged me tightly before wiping away his tears and smiling. "Okay, we have to start the ceremony."

"Wait, before we do I ran into one of the Petrov," I said.

"I know, I've seen them, they've requested to talk to us after the party."

"What? No." I didn't trust the Russians the feud between our two families went back too far for me to possibly ever trust them.

"Alexis, I've already agreed to it, I'm willing to hear what they have to say to us."

I gritted my teeth I wanted to argue with him but this was not the place to do so I just nodded my head once. He gave me a stern look that told me to be on my best behavior and I knew not to test him on it.

"Okay let's go." He said as he fixed himself before guiding me to the front of the room.

My mother, Armando, and Allen soon came to the front and my dad was once again clapping to get everyone's attention.

Armando squeezed my hand three times and I looked over to smile at him.

We had a secret code that we used when we couldn't talk aloud. One squeeze meant that something was wrong, two meant that one of us was pissed and three meant the other was there for support. Four squeezes mean for the other to calm down.