Chapter 11

I was awoken by a loud crashing sound which caused me to jump out of my bed and rush to my window. The front gate had been blown up and men were invading our front lawn, most of my men were either wounded or dead.

"Fuck" I breathed out before I rushed to my closet and grabbed the first gun that I saw before rushing out of my room.

Armando was already standing in front of my door with a gun in his hand.

"They're going to come in here, we have to be ready. I want everyone armed and spread out." I order he nodded his head before running off.

I headed to my dad's room where I found him struggling to put bullets into his gun.

"You're going to the bunker," I said.

He looked at me as if I had two heads. "Bunker?"

"Yes dad, there are way too many men out there. You're only going to get yourself hurt trying to worry about Armando and me. I'm not risking it."

"Step aside Alexis, I've been doing this since you were in diapers. I'll be fine." He said while rolling his eyes.

"It was an order dad. I want you in the bunker."

He turned back to look at me and laughed once. "After all these years of you knowing me I would assume that you would learn that I don't take orders from anyone." He stormed out of the room and I let out a frustrated sigh.

My mother was right I did get my stubbornness from him.

I stormed out of the room as well, everyone was in their places and was ready for the attack. I spotted Noah on the other side of the room but he turned his head from me which caused my chest to tighten.

Brushing it off I turned to the door and waited for someone, anyone, to barge in.

About 10 minutes passed and just when I assumed that nothing was going to happen, there was a loud explosion causing everyone to fly a couple of feet back. About a dozen men ran in and began to fire at us. I reached for my gun and fired back before I eventually ran out of bullets, I had managed to take a few down.

I threw my gun and charged at the men.

"Alexis!" I heard my father call but I ignored him.

Dodging the bullets I kicked one guy in the face before shoving his body into his partner making them both fall. I then took the gun out of his hand and shot them both before turning back to shoot at their fellow teammates.

There was another loud explosion, this time it came from the side and caused me to hit a wall. Noah rushed over to me and helped me up.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

I nodded my head. "We have to get out here, they didn't come to battle us. They've come to blow us up. One more explosion and this whole building is going down."

Noah nodded his head before turning back and yelling for everyone to retreat out of the house. I took his gun out of his hand and raised both of the guns and began to fire back at the men giving everyone else enough time to retreat.

Smoke was blurring my vision and I couldn't see all that well, but I knew all my bullets were landing.

I never miss.

"Alexis we have to get out of here," Noah said as he grabbed my arm.

We ran for the back door but were stopped when Anna suddenly appeared in front of us.

"Well, looks like you two are retreating. I would never expect that from the most "powerful" Mafia leaders." She smirked.

I went to charge at her but Noah held me back and shook his head at me. I gritted my teeth and turned back to her.