2. Plans

I found myself walking through the mall looking at shop after shop that I passed, looking for the name of the one I needed. It had been three weeks since school started, and I was lucky enough to have a solid group of friends. Those friends were how I ended up spending my Friday afternoon at a mall when all I wanted to do was go home and take a nap.

     The girls decided that we should go out tonight, and I was grudgingly here to buy a new outfit. 

      I finally spotted the name of the boutique that I had been searching for, and quickly headed inside. I knew I should have taken one of the girls up on their offer to carpool, but I liked having an escape route if I needed one. 

***********************************************************************************************

    "I think I found one!" Macie came running over to the rack of clothes Nia and I were going through, and Nia didn't even look up before she answered.

      "For you, me, or Ever?" I didn't need to look at Macie to know she rolled her eyes, but I did look, and I caught the signature eyeroll in all its glory.

     "For me, but I can pick your outfits out if you want. It would be my absolute pleasure. I could work wonders on the two of you. Actually...don't say anything. Let me go change into my outfit so I can show you, and then I'm going to find something for the two of you!"

      Macie turned and almost ran to the fitting room, and Nia slowly turned to face me looking like a kid who messed up and got caught. 

     "I'm sorry for whatever she puts us in tonight." Nia always had her hair perfectly straight, and even though ripped jeans and leather jackets were her style, she was always respectfully covered. I felt worse for her than for myself. Macie was probably dying to style her in something wild.

     Macie came waltzing back over just as I was telling Nia it was okay, and I couldn't help but smile. She had on a black denim mini skirt, and a plain white tank top that came down to just above her belly button.

      "So, what do you think?" She did a little spin in front of us, and Nia gave her a nod.

     "It's definitely very you." 

      "I don't know if you meant that nicely or not, but it is me. What about you, Ever? Thoughts?"

      "I love it, you have great style. Plus, I love how simple the colors are. Your signature lipstick will really pop."

      "Perfect! It's settled, this is my outfit. Nia, did you find anything for yourself, or will I finally be getting the pleasure of picking your clothing for the first time in our lives?"

     "I found one outfit, give me a minute." Nia left, and Macie turned her focus to me.

     "What about you?" I shook my head. "Do you want to look around a little bit?" 

     I looked around a little bit for myself, but I wasn't seeing anything I really liked. I didn't even like shopping. I had never gone to a party before. I had no idea what I was doing. 

     "Macie, can you please help me?" She was beside me in a flash, promising me that she was going to make me look the hottest I had ever looked in my life. 

     Thankfully, Nia showed back up then, saving be from needing to mumble a response about my ability to be hot. 

     Nia had chosen black leather pants, and a grey top the wrapped around her neck. The only skin exposed on her was an inch between the top of her pants and the bottom of her shirt but she looked perfect.